The Vagrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vagrant

Jon and me spent some time getting The Vagrant running for Avalanche weekend . Got the engine running but alternator not charging AGAIN . Off with alternator and open up and free off rusty brushes . Then went to fit new front brake pads , ns fine os seized wheel . Thought the pads were stuck to disc but not . Turned out the wheel bearing was rusted solid . Stripped down to find bearing not to clever . Jon went to get a new one but none in stock - order only . So cleaned the old one as best so it turned and then put it back . We thought that would be enough to see us through Avalanche but turns out the clutch is slipping again . Only fitted a new one on the last outing . Seem to run more clutches then anything else .
    I now can drop a 410 clutch in 40 mins !
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Have you tried spraying the garden hose into the timming hole on the bell housing while someone revs the motor. My brother washed a load of clay out of his Zook clutch and it was OK for four more sessions down the Pit.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Got no facility at workshops to do that Pkil . We have done it before and cured it . I think its a box out job , again just to be sure as its a fair way for Jon to trailer the Zook and not be able to use it if the clutch is FUBAR

Comment

hehehe!!... my mates 410 starter wasn't working... he took it off, cleaned, replaced and still no joy!...

talking in pub, he said the belt might be slippping??

couldn't fathom out what he was on about!!

hehehe!!... the alternator is now working perfectly though!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Pulled the box tonight . A bit of mud around the pressure plate that might of held her off . Jon found the new release bearing was seized solid . Found the old bearing so will fit that one . Bashed the mud out of the pressure plate and put back in . We will fit the box back in and I will get another new clutch and take with us to avalanche to change whilst we are there if needed .

Comment

I am a bit knackered at the moment until I get longer brake lines. Best price so far is Llama 4x4 at £11 a corner (ouch).

I extended the bump stops yesterday to prevent the tyres stuffing too far into the wheel arches and to protect the longer shocks.
            Attached Files
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

hell Phil before long we will have to start calling you Doctor Anglegrinder no.2
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                hell Phil before long we will have to start calling you Doctor Anglegrinder no.2
                I'll take that as a compliment!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Old clutch back in , gearbox back in and seems OK now . Got a new clutch and wheel bearing to take as spares just in case .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    Old clutch back in , gearbox back in and seems OK now . Got a new clutch and wheel bearing to take as spares just in case .
                    I spoke to Jotto earlier and he recons that Vagrant Rick will be doing a master class in suzi maintenance.
                    First lesson starts 0900 saturday subject Clutch removal and replacment,Followed by wheel bearing replacment theripy.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X