• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    where abouts is the fuel shut off solinoid please Rick as i aint got a clue

Did you manage to get it going Rich.?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Did you manage to get it going Rich.?
      hi bushy no not yet i've swapped over the coil put on new leads plugs there's a new rotor arm already on it i got a spark and fuel is getting thru .think iwill have to get some one to take a look at it for me,but thanks everyone for your help
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

one thing i just remembered was that the bloke i got the suki off said that the auto choke was a bit sticky but it always started tho

Comment

this is a bit borderline stupid, but when one of my more errr, stuborn motors wont start i stick a little butane blow torch up the air intake (not lit before anyone starts) this makes the mixture slightly more volatile and if its a might start/ might not day, it gets the thing running. it also teaches the car not to mess about in the mornings.
          please note this only works on sulking cars, rather than fixing anything that is wrong with it....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

all else fails, give it a damn good thrashing!
            First you need to look for a suitable branch.

Basil assaults his Austin 1100. " Right! That's it! You've tried it on just once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! Right! Well...this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!"
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 9 September 2005, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              all else fails, give it a damn good thrashing!
              First you need to look for a suitable branch.

Basil assaults his Austin 1100. " Right! That's it! You've tried it on just once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! Right! Well...this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!"
              That was filmed outside my woodwork teacher house 1 street away from where we lived as kids .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                That was filmed outside my woodwork teacher house 1 street away from where we lived as kids .
                my wood work teachers looked weird!... one like the ginger dude off planet of the apes... the other looked like a gnome!!

incidentally... can't you take off the filter and release the choke??... also you'll be able to see what fuel's going in etc. then.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

theres probably nothing wrong with it just nicotine withdrawl affecting Richards judgement!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

had someone take a look at it this evening and is coming back tomorrow to get it sorted.he is going to go thru all the wiring and totally check everything out and says he will have it up and running tomorrow.i will let you know the outcome and what the problem is
                    thanks for all your help guys

Comment

had someone take a look at it this evening and is coming back tomorrow to get it sorted.he is going to go thru all the wiring and totally check everything out and says he will have it up and running tomorrow.i will let you know the outcome and what the problem is
                      then get him to pop over and adjust the timing on mine?!... although a bit of fresh petrol would probably be a better fix!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke
                        theres probably nothing wrong with it just nicotine withdrawl affecting Richards judgement!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got some spare patches i could stick them over the suki and see if that helps

Comment

the suki starts at last

we got the suki running at long last.although there was a spark it wasnt a good enough spark so we swapped the distributors over and bingo first turn of the key and away she went so thankyou all for the help and suggestions

Comment

Working...
                          X