suki wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suki wont start

can anyone help the suki i have just bought a couple of weeks ago was starting and running ok.i never started it for a couple of days and now the blasted thing wont start at all.it has had new plugs and leads and looks like a new rotor arm aswell but now it has got me stumped so if anyone has any ideas i would be gratefull before i get a mobile mechanic in to take a look.
    thanks in advance
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Have you fed the hampster? Or if its the later non-organic powered versions, the rubber band might have broken!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Got petrol in it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Got petrol in it?
        half a tank

Comment

Coil? is there a spark reaching the plugs?

Comment

Coil? is there a spark reaching the plugs?
            yup just been and put the coil on from my old suki which i know was working and there is a spark

Comment

If you got a spark is fuel getting to the carb ?. Remove the fuel line from carb and put the end in a glass jar and crank engine . If you got fuel the pump is working . If not , either the pump is faulty or an air leak in the inlet side of fuel pipe . Or blocked fuel line .

Our Zook has both spark and fuel and STILL won't start , blooming Suzuki .............................. ...............
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                If you got a spark is fuel getting to the carb ?. Remove the fuel line from carb and put the end in a glass jar and crank engine . If you got fuel the pump is working . If not , either the pump is faulty or an air leak in the inlet side of fuel pipe . Or blocked fuel line .

Our Zook has both spark and fuel and STILL won't start , blooming Suzuki .............................. ...............
                there is fuel getting thru to the carb as i took the pipe of to start with but still wont b****y start.the only other thing i can think of is if the gasket under the carb is knackered if there is one that is

Comment

Right then..... You've got sparks. you've got fuel. Obviously you've got battery power......
                  Maybe damp has got into the distributor cap, take it of and check inside, no need to remove the plug leads, and give it a wipe with a rag.
                  Also, remove one of the sparkplugs to see if it's 'wet' with petrol, then you'll know it's not a fuel problem.
                  One other thing, make sure the engine earth strap has a good connection between body / chassis and engine.
                  If there are signs of damp anywhere, especially aroud ignition parts, give 'em a spray with WD40.

Comment

Right then..... You've got sparks. you've got fuel. Obviously you've got battery power......
                    Maybe damp has got into the distributor cap, take it of and check inside, no need to remove the plug leads, and give it a wipe with a rag.
                    Also, remove one of the sparkplugs to see if it's 'wet' with petrol, then you'll know it's not a fuel problem.
                    One other thing, make sure the engine earth strap has a good connection between body / chassis and engine.
                    If there are signs of damp anywhere, especially aroud ignition parts, give 'em a spray with WD40.
                    i never thought of the earth straps but all the leads and plugs are ok and the cap so i will go check the earth leads and let you know what happens

Comment

The only other thing on the carb that sticks is the fuel shut off solinoid . It should click when ignition turned on . If its stuck shut , Zook wont start . I munched ours with pliers to try and jam it open .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The only other thing on the carb that sticks is the fuel shut off solinoid . It should click when ignition turned on . If its stuck shut , Zook wont start . I munched ours with pliers to try and jam it open .
                        where abouts is the fuel shut off solinoid please Rick as i aint got a clue

Comment

I had all this trouble with the 410. Turned out that the condenser was knackered. New condenser = broom broom.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

you have checked there is a spark actually at the plugs??

i usually heat up the plugs with a blow torch, gets rid of any carbon and burns off excess fuel
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

rick dont drink the fuel put in zook
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X