X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Rear shocks fitted today and a closer panel to blank off area where the rear spare mount was, this will hold the rear reg plate.

Bonnet scoop bonded in place.
      Alan

Comment

• This looks epic!

Calipers can be a pain.. My Tundra V8 ones arrived from the states with on bleed nipple smashed off. I took it to an engineering shop to fix and it was never right, ended up replacing it for a "refurbed" one (also from the states).. the muppets took it apart, replaced the seals and painted everything -

Including the pistons...
        Still I re used my old, and it stops ###### well now!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

• Aye, they need to work spot on, nothing worse than vague brakes.

Wee truck made it out into the sunshine.
          Alan

Comment

• Looks ####ing great

So is it as close to a MKIII pickup as you'll get? Obviously this will have rear springs and IFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
              Looks ####ing great

So is it as close to a MKIII pickup as you'll get? Obviously this will have rear springs and IFS.
              I would argue its better, no split between tub and cab. A much better look in my opinion. Plus its built not bought as my brother pointed out last week.
              Brian

Comment

• I agree but perhaps a bit biased.
                Alan

Comment

• No, I agree. Love it. I'm after a MKIII. Don't have the skills to make a Surf into a better version.

That really is a top class piece of work. Impressed

Comment

• More I look at it the more I'm thinking V8
                    Alan

Comment

• Just been through the whole thread again. Boys...that's an epic achievement.

Would love to have a go at this but would inevitably fail. I don't possess enough of the skills. Need to start welding, for a start

I would think a 3 door Surf is important otherwise you'd be fabrication the sides, also?

V8 for sure...get it done

Comment

• That's really starting to look the business now boys. Great job. I really can't wait to see the finished article.
                        That takes some skill to sort that kind of project out.
                        Well done.

Comment

• Thanks for the positive comments lads, appreciated.

Funny thing is, it was never meant to be a project at all, just something me and yoshie had spoken about years ago, when the truck turned up it was only ever going to be used as a template for tube work. Turns out it was just too good an old truck to send to the scrap man and yoshie thought " Yeh, #### it, lets make the truck we always wanted to build"

A 4 door truck would work fine as well, just weld up the back doors.
                          Alan

Comment

• Sy to put the 4 door question in perspective. My scrap has both sides of the bed top edge inside and out, the cab up both sides and over the roof, the fill panel's between doors and cab back and the rear cab sheets all fully seam welded. Must be in excess of 15m of weld plus all the hidden framing out to make the bed, plus roof section used as side wall in the bed. So another couple of meters required on a 4 door would be neither here nor there pal. I am well over 100 hours on this so far to give you an idea. A fully caged tray back would have been half the time and effort.
                            Last edited by yoshie; 21 July 2014, 19:50.
                            Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              .....................A fully caged tray back would have been half the time and effort.

Yeah but everyone else has done that plus yours is way cooler!
                              Looks fookin' ace by the way. Gonna look a lot bigger when it's painted and stickered.

Comment

• Yeh, I read through the whole thread. It's a mammoth effort and the result is, well, outstanding.

The skill is impressive

And I agree it's unique and better looking. Love the idea of a pickup but love the rear spring and front IFS set-up that you've ended up with as a result of the hard graft.

Comment

Working...
                                X