No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having seen it in the Flesh on Saturday whooah, looks fantastic so far !!

11+ years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

• If you are ever bored and looking for a bugger of a project to do I can recommend a double tube roll hoop. I have made a few cages where the bends on each side of the truck need to match but when trying to sit two 90" tubes with 5 bends in each back to back a couple of mm apart they need to be pretty spot on. Took me hours to get this far.

I might bridge with a plate and get TOYOTA or something cut into it.
      Or leave it open?

Brian

Comment

• Bridge looks meatier. looks a little flimsy without it. imho.

As usual, great work guys.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• 11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Goos work bro, I'll need to see it before deciding on bridge. I gave you the number for that laser cutting service a while ago.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
              Bridge looks meatier. looks a little flimsy without it. imho.

As usual, great work guys.
              Went for the difficult option of course. Tried a few different options but came back to this.

[/URL]
              Brian

Comment

• Bars on both sides tacked up. Still to decide on other bars going across.

Alan

Comment

• I prefer this to the single horizontal bar/ infill, doesn't look so cluttered or an afterthought

Comment

• Brian, you must have ben posting at the same time as me. LOL
                    Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                      I prefer this to the single horizontal bar/ infill, doesn't look so cluttered or an afterthought

Ideal Andy because that's what I went for.
                      It also looks a lot better than the pictures show, and the hoops are angled back to follow the line of the cab unlike the off the shelf items that sit straight and leave large uneven gaps between the bars and cabs on the pickups.
                      Anyway another little step forward. I Also got the front bumper welded.
                      Last edited by yoshie; 15 June 2013, 08:45.
                      Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        Brian, you must have ben posting at the same time as me. LOL
                        Aye must have. As you can see I went with my first option, glad your visit didn't talk me out of it as I like it. It was a total B to keep the bends and the kick in the same but they run true from behind the truck and across the bed.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 15 June 2013, 08:40.
                        Brian

Comment

• But worth the effort Brian. Nice and meaty.
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Looks proper mate, glad you stuck to what you wanted. Will look the dogs bollox with paint on it.
                            Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                              Looks proper mate, glad you stuck to what you wanted. Will look the dogs bollox with paint on it.
                              If I change my mind when I see the truck finished I can redo any or all of the steel work.
                              It's only time and a little effort. I think I like the bumper Jess got more than the one I made for myself, will be interesting to see pictures of it fitted to a truck when Jess gets around to it.
                              Last edited by yoshie; 14 June 2013, 22:49.
                              Brian

Comment

• I think this one is looking pretty sweet and not the usual setup.
                                Front bumper welded up and alloy punched infill in place. Bumper will be black and leaving the infills alloy.

For comparison. One above gets my vote at the moment. More Redneck!
                                Last edited by KERRSURF; 15 June 2013, 17:11.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X