No announcement yet.

Wading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for transfer and transmission breathers sick of people talking about diff breathers are a must for wadeing and never mention the other 2 breathes under the truck,if something goes on diffs its only a 3 quid half shaft seal to change,if you get a air lock with tranfer or transmission how much is that going to cost
    Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

4 years 8 months. Top class redundant thread revival!
      I think that might be a new record for this forum, well done.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Ahh but the nostalgia from some of the names there was worth it.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I’d like to know just how many people suffer problems after wading through water? Blown alternators, starters, knackered electrics, damaged diffs, gearboxes and not least musty stinking carpets.

It’s one thing to be out in bandit country knowing that you have to wade through water or face the very real possibility of being mugged and shot...... but quite another to risk damaging your truck for the sake of “fun” on a artificial pay & play site.

I guess Surfs are now cheap enough to use & abuse and just throw away if they break.
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
            I’d like to know just how many people suffer problems after wading through water? Blown alternators, starters, knackered electrics, damaged diffs, gearboxes and not least musty stinking carpets.

It’s one thing to be out in bandit country knowing that you have to wade through water or face the very real possibility of being mugged and shot...... but quite another to risk damaging your truck for the sake of “fun” on a artificial pay & play site.

I guess Surfs are now cheap enough to use & abuse and just throw away if they break.

You would probably worry less in a diesel... slower but so much happier in water

hehehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              You would probably worry less in a diesel... slower but so much happier in water

hehehehe!
              There is a 50/50 chance that my next vehicle will be a diesel... I want a LC80 but even then I’d be reluctant to risk wrecking it by wading
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                There is a 50/50 chance that my next vehicle will be a diesel... I want a LC80 but even then I’d be reluctant to risk wrecking it by wading
                well you should never wade unless you know how deep it is,if you were wading on foot, you would only go to your waste,if you went to your neck its called swimming,iv took mine up a few rivers, once with out diff breathers and it blown a diff seal, but i think mud is the bigger one to watch out for,the standard breathers clog up
                Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

what's the reason for spraying belts and pulleys with wd 40

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                    what's the reason for spraying belts and pulleys with wd 40
                    wd40 repels.....................

Comment

Working...
                    X