No announcement yet.

Electricaly Adjusted Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=J i m s t e r;800798]Picking up some is200 seats and cards tonight, rear bench looks like it has a load-through centre. I'm only after the fronts to be honest as the foam in mine is crumbling out at a prodigious rate.

Can you up some photos of how your runners have been fitted? Mine is also a 3rd Gen.

Cheers
    Jim.[/QUOTE
    I will get some pictures done next week, gotta take them off to redo a couple of welds i wasn't happy with

Comment

This is on my list of stuff to do before I bin the LS400.

From measure it looks like they'll fit, and the runners are not a million miles off.

Shame I'll lose the memory function, but you can't win them all!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

I thought the seat cushion was a bit too big on the LS400 seats = banging your head on the roof lining.

Unless you are, er, not lanky, to be polite?
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

We'll see..

They looked ok for the 3rd Gen, I think they aren't right for the second gen. I'll have another measure later.

I'm no sure what height mine were set to before I cut the loom... obviously I'll need to power them up again to remove them.....
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

From a quick measure last night, there was under an inch in it... but I'm not sure how "high" the Lexus seats were set..
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Quick picture of the is200 seats in my gen 3

Seats
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics.

Picked mine up and gave them a thorough clean with Stardrops and a sponge and left them in the sun yesterday to dry out. They are nice-looking seats:

There are the door cards to match as well.

Just wondering about the back seats - the Lexus ones don't split, wheras the Surf ones split down the centre and the bases fold forward and the rears drop down. I know your retrimmer is taking the material from your Lexus seats to recover your originals, how is he dealing with the centre? Or doesn't your rear bench have this?

Comment

Originally posted by S14A-J View Post
                  The front seat fitting was a case of drilling through all the rivets and spot welds on the original seats legs to remove them from the runners (6mm drill)...
                  So you removed the Surf seats and runners and just left the legs bolted to the floor?

or

Took everything out, took the Surf legs off the Surf runners, and welded/bolted the Surf legs to the Lexus runners? (Taking off the Lexus legs)?

Originally posted by S14A-J View Post
                  ... and then bolting to the look lexus runners with one bolt on each, getting the aligned and then mig welding around the edges and through the 6mm holes.
                  ? Look Lexus is confusing me (it's easily done)... Cheers for any reply. I'll get a mate to do the welding, I need to get the wiring sorted, just want to confirm what parts on the runners and legs are Lexus and Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                    So you removed the Surf seats and runners and just left the legs bolted to the floor?

or

Took everything out, took the Surf legs off the Surf runners, and welded/bolted the Surf legs to the Lexus runners? (Taking off the Lexus legs)?

? Look Lexus is confusing me (it's easily done)... Cheers for any reply. I'll get a mate to do the welding, I need to get the wiring sorted, just want to confirm what parts on the runners and legs are Lexus and Surf.
                    Hiya,

Yeah option b , i removed all the legs from both seats and then reused at least one hole on each runner/ leg to re- mount surf legs to the lexus runners and then trial fitted with nuts n bolts adjusted the rotation of the legs on the runners until seats were strait n lined up with everything, i then tightened bolts through the legs so they wont move and then welded up.

The inside rear legs wont align so dont bother trying, just do the others and then rest that one on top, mark it up and then remove the lot and weld it onto the rail.

Comment

And the split back seat?

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                        And the split back seat?
                        Still with the trimmer atm, i think he will use all the fabric from the rear seats to make a clone of the fabric from the original velour covers. I know he is going to re-use the lexus headrests and mount the headrest brackets onto the surf frames. A similar thing is going on with the door cards, using the suede fabric for the shells and black leather for the handles, also the center arm resr cover is being trimmed to match.

I should be getting it all back very soon and i will make sure i share the pictures with you guys

Comment

Nice job guys - the lexus seats look the business.

I took mine from a Scuby last year (off e-bay £100 - chucked the rears) and had the same issue - having to remove the feet from the old seats and re-weld to the new ones. Pain in the ass (for my fabricator) - but got them in eventually and very pleased with the comfort of the new ones.

I did a dye job on the interior of the truck at the same time to cover the horrible light blue inside. Worked out ok for upholstery and was fine for the everything I took out and sprayed meticulously with vinyl paint, but I was lazy with the dash and sprayed in-situ - not a good finish. Will eventually get around to taking out the dash console at some point and re-spraying that properly.
                          Attached Files
                          Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by red barron View Post
                            I drove up to Hamburg last December and then up to the Baltic coast and was thinking, would'nt it be nice to fit some real quality seats with all the adjustments at your fingertips? Two weeks ago i travelled up to north Wales accross country and after three hours driving i made the decision to swap the seats. I managed to get the two front seats from a Lexus Soarer, which have all the adjustments via electric motors and bearing in mind the ride height, the seats have to be fairly low profile to keep the head room of the original seats.
                            Well the conversion worked a treat with the minimal of alteration to the runners.
                            the front two are in line but had to be bent 90 deg and the rear required one hole to be re-drilled. 30 amp feed from my secondary fuse box that i fitted for my accessories and i now have a really comfortable fully adjustable set of seats!
                            Great seats, they look super comfortable ! Couldn't help noticing that someone has swapped the switch covers around on your seats, passenger seat has the drivers seat switch covers n same on drivers one. ;-)
                            Last edited by S14A-J; 19 July 2013, 20:09.

Comment

Nice work !!

Comment

Finally seats and door cards all done!

Rear seats and door cards retrimmed to match the front lexus seats very pleased with the result. She feels all posh now :-P
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X