No announcement yet.

Look at these photos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinged at the bumper but some sort of easy release system so that you can remove the whole clip for real easy maintenance/work.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I know a chap that did this to a supra... he put a TVR V8 in it and got obsessed with weight saving.

He took made a fibreglass mould out of the entire front of the car, and mocked up the bonnet/front wings and most of the top bumper and hinged it forwards, kinda like an E-type...

Pretty impressive stuff, a lot of man hours though, and very hard to get it looking spot on.

One thing though, from experiance, front opening bonnets are a pain in the arse to work with.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

it would make working on the engine miles easier but then there is no real need to go under the bonnet as its not a landy!

just be fun trying to relocate everything like the battery, electrics, air fliter etc off the body so you can hindge the whole front up! but im sure vince has a cunning plan for that!
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Hey Vince. I'm sorry it does'nt show much detail of the conversion, but here's someone who's done it to an sbc equipped lhd 4Runner.....Cheers....Mick.
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Those pics got me pining for the south-west boy... Spent some happy days in the Texan / Arizona / New Mexico sunshine...

Gunna get me a John Deere cap, a tin of bud and change my name to Cleetus (or Clitoris, or whatever them good ol' boys call 'emselves)
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

As long as you don't buy some daisy dukes and go strutting round malvern we're safe.......
              Remember arrows are silent.....................
              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
              X