No announcement yet.

3rd gen bodylift - bolt dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am in the mood for turning, I'll keep going til I get bored. If I manage two sets of blocks I'll save one for you.

No idea when I'll do them really - I have a list of stuff to do that seems ever-extending!

I managed to order Nylon 6 in the end - more expensive than HDPE but better suited to the job
    Last edited by Apache; 5 January 2011, 22:19.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I've got 2 spare spacers, as mines a 96'
      yours if you want them
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Mines a 96 too. That means I only need 8, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Mines a 96 too. That means I only need 8, yes?
          Yup, no B pillar spacers required
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Would save me making so many if Andy wants a set too... put them to one side for me Goran?

Comment

Andy, what happened to leaving this Surf more or less standard? You know that once you start the mods, you won't stop

Cheers, Nick
              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Don't know if this is of any use to you Andy but thought I'd post it anyway.
                It's the milners kit and obviously not fitted yet so if you need any other measurements give me a shout.
                Attached Files
                Neal

Comment

Nice one!

The two smaller bodylift blocks - a) why are they smaller and b) where do they go? Why are they different thickness to the others. I would have thought if you are lifting the body, all spacers need to be the same thickness.

Comment

Nice one!

The two smaller bodylift blocks - a) why are they smaller and b) where do they go? Why are they different thickness to the others. I would have thought if you are lifting the body, all spacers need to be the same thickness.
                    Sorry mate, my fault, didn't say on the pics, the thicker one (with all the holes) is the steering spacer (I'm guessing it's thicker because of the spline adjustment on the steering it's self), all the body blocks are the same thickness, I haven't offered them up yet but i think the two smaller diameter ones are for the front just behind the bumper.
                    Neal

Comment

Nice one!

I havn't checked, but I guess they go at the front because of the different shaped (raised) chassis legs to allow the McPherson struts?

Comment

Yes, I was thinking that.

I'm using 50mm diameter for all body blocks too, but looks like I might have to find some larger diameter ally for the steering spacer...

Comment

My spacers were all the same size and I don't remember having any issues ???
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Give us a shout when you do the lift andy, i will come and hold the biscuits for you.......
                            Remember arrows are silent.....................
                            Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Will do. Will probably sort the bits during 'pottering time' in the shed, then fit it when the golden orb is visible and the thermometer says +20something

Comment

Working...
                              X