No announcement yet.

new project 21"lift 3.9 v8 surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a quick question,loving the work by the way.Which chassis will the engine and g/box be mounted too.top or bottom?
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      just a quick question,loving the work by the way.Which chassis will the engine and g/box be mounted too.top or bottom?
      not sure yet ?till we fit v8 probely between both

Comment

Originally posted by jetskidavid View Post
        not sure yet ?till we fit v8 probely between both
        cool,will there be enough room to fit the front prop shaft,am i right in thinking that the r/r box drives from the n/s and the hilux diff is on the o/s.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

yep bin looking it to that today mite have to be manual box or just rebuild old 30lt and sell the v8 but we realy want a v8 it only the bottom end gone in 30lt top end new 12 months ago
          get the chassie done first then decide
          thanks for the heads up all help welcome
          david

Comment

yep bin looking it to that today mite have to be manual box or just rebuild old 30lt and sell the v8 but we realy want a v8 it only the bottom end gone in 30lt top end new 12 months ago
            get the chassie done first then decide
            thanks for the heads up all help welcome
            david
            you could always go the v8 on a manual hilux box route.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

we like that idea how much is conversion kit?

Comment

we like that idea how much is conversion kit?
                its around £500,i think i may be able to get hold of one a bit cheaper.but you will need a 5sp hilux box and not a surf box.slightly different shape.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

just a couple more today a bit more nip n tuck then put away for a couple of weeks

next rebuild join together got to get metal next but not for 2 weeks ah!!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                    its around £500,i think i may be able to get hold of one a bit cheaper.but you will need a 5sp hilux box and not a surf box.slightly different shape.
                    thanks for reply mite have to rethink engine now then!!!!!!

Comment

Gotta say also Dave.I don't like Pajero's either but that one does look mighty good.I will certainly sort those pics this weekend of the suspension set up on Lucifer for you.Maybe one day we'll meet up at a show somewhere with both our trucks
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        Gotta say also Dave.I don't like Pajero's either but that one does look mighty good.I will certainly sort those pics this weekend of the suspension set up on Lucifer for you.Maybe one day we'll meet up at a show somewhere with both our trucks
                        thanks for that we will meet one day!!

Comment

thanks for that we will meet one day!!
                          just make sure the exhaust isn't to loud on the truck when you finished it like on Lucifer as i got pulled last weekend cause its too loud so i got to fit another silencer onto it to quiet it down a bit.The police are starting to clamp down a hell of alot now on modified vehicles

Comment

thanks for the heads up will made legal thanks

Comment

i was lucky as last Saturday i managed to find a new R/Rover muffler with twin inlets and outlets as Lucifer has twin pipes that run close together on ebay for only a tenner and a forum member collected it and is cutting it down a bit to send for me so that was a cheap fix

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                                i was lucky as last Saturday i managed to find a new R/Rover muffler with twin inlets and outlets as Lucifer has twin pipes that run close together on ebay for only a tenner and a forum member collected it and is cutting it down a bit to send for me so that was a cheap fix

forums are good for that we all help each other in a common cause
                                due to the expence of a conversion kit for the rover i mite get another 30lt engine or rebuild the one in it shells/ pistons/rings/gasket set whats the going price of 2nd hand 30lt engine anyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X