supplementary water temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplementary water temp gauge

There was some discussion last week about fitting an aftermarket water temp gauge to compensate for the poor accuracy of the standard unit.
    Where/ how does the new sender unit fit as I want to maintain the standard one as well.
    Looking at some kits on Fleabay now.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Call Alan he just bought and fitted a very neat one.
    Brian

Comment

Use one of these...
      http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/in-line-t...t32-1170-p.asp

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Call Alan he just bought and fitted a very neat one.
        will do

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        That unit looks nice, and cheap too..

Thats a great site too...
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          will do

That unit looks nice, and cheap too..

Thats a great site too...

Not sure what diameter the top rad hose is on the 3rd gen, you'll have to check.

Comment

Not sure what diameter the top rad hose is on the 3rd gen, you'll have to check.
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i just drilled and tapped the existing blanking screw on the front of the thermostat housing and fitted the sensor in that worked a treat
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                i just drilled and tapped the existing blanking screw on the front of the thermostat housing and fitted the sensor in that worked a treat
                Different truck.

Goran, I fitted the same as whats been posted, doddle to fit and wire in, gauge is mounted on dash top at pillar on drivers side.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Different truck.

Goran, I fitted the same as whats been posted, doddle to fit and wire in, gauge is mounted on dash top at pillar on drivers side.
                  this one ?

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/in-line-t...t32-1170-p.asp

is it 32mm?
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

You need a 38mm one mate .
                    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      Different truck.

OOPS! I should really read the details of the vehicle first... i assumed that it was only the 2.4 that had cooling issues and that it was only a certain amount that failed depending on the year of the truck

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                        OOPS! I should really read the details of the vehicle first... i assumed that it was only the 2.4 that had cooling issues and that it was only a certain amount that failed depending on the year of the truck
                        All '90s Toyota gauges are crap, even Lexus!

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                          You need a 38mm one mate .
                          nice one mate
                          thnx
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;652691]All '90s Toyota gauges are crap, even Lexus![/QUOTE
                            that explains that one then....this is my first toyota i've had most other makes but i needed a good auto that was diesel this came up at reasonable money and the wife liked it so like any good husband i bought for her alledgedly i've been driving it since the day i brought it back and the wife hasn't passed her test yet so i'm playing with it at the moment and trying to decide whether to keep it or buy a grand vitara for better mpg but i like my toyota a bit more even with its faults and there's one or two of them

Comment

[QUOTE=tonupteabag;652779]
                              All '90s Toyota gauges are crap, even Lexus![/QUOTE
                              that explains that one then....this is my first toyota i've had most other makes but i needed a good auto that was diesel this came up at reasonable money and the wife liked it so like any good husband i bought for her alledgedly i've been driving it since the day i brought it back and the wife hasn't passed her test yet so i'm playing with it at the moment and trying to decide whether to keep it or buy a grand vitara for better mpg but i like my toyota a bit more even with its faults and there's one or two of them
                              wow
                              all that in one sentence, i nearly passed out....
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X