Couple of minor mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of minor mods.

I know this is small stuff compared to what some guys do(S A S conversions, bobtailing, Lexus V8's etc ) , but Im quite pleased with these, and since I havent seen anyone else with the exact same mods, I thought Id share................The first is a H/D reversing light. Its mounted on the spare wheel frame with a 32mm "P" clip.Its fed from the reverse light wiring in the O/S cluster.(wiring should be sheathed, Ill do it when I get some). With the upgraded 130w H3 bulb, it illuminates really well...........The second is a headlight wash conversion. I know I could have set it up with a seperate switch and pump, but Ive been a bit lazy and tee'd it into the screenwash. Both wash at the same time. It only took two "T" pieces, a one way valve, some 6mm tubing and two washer jets drilled through the bumper Seems to work OK.....Hope the pics explain.....Cheers.....Mick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MWS; 6 July 2010, 01:06.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

i like the idea of the headlight washers.
    Nice little mod you done there and the reversing light also a good idea as the standard r/lights are bad
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The reversing light mod is very usefull, on mine I also have a switch on the dash so it can be used as a work light.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I like the reversing light idea, but you really should wire it with its own power supply and a relay switched from the reverse lights.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

MWS

really like the headlamp washers - what kind are they, are they from a scrapper or did you buy new??

how much??

hawaii
          I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

You should get some protection on those exposed cables. KOPEX or similar.

nice mods.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Simple but effective mate.. Nice mods
              Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers, guys Since pics were taken, ive re done the wiring to the rev light , and run it through some heavy duty sheathing and held it with even more ty wraps. Its OK now...... The washer jets were just from halfrauds,(£ 3.75 each), but ive seen better (taller) ones since in a cataloge called Car Builder Solutions from N F Auto Developments. You can download it in PDF form.....Cheers....Mick.
                Last edited by MWS; 6 May 2010, 08:51.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                X