Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
    yes sorry i meant springs! lol doh!

what do you reckon to this kit mate? just been on their website and after 5 mins of browsing, a Instant Messaging window popped up and a sales rep called Ryan asked if he could assist me! how cool is that. talk about service!
    i asked him if they ship to the uk and he said yes. bit steep but they can ship it for $570, takes 10-14 days and is fully insured. the 5" sus kits is $799.
    thats £829 to your door! AND it has a detailed colour pictured step by step install guide! i think its a winner. have a look and let me know if its any good and all the bits are there. heres the link.
    http://www.roughcountry.com/suspensi...r_90-95_5.html
    Thats ###### good and looks as if everything is the same as roughtrax supply.The shocks may well be better aswell than the supertrux ones
    Thanks for the link
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

it says 4-5" the parts all look the same as the 4" Superlift or Pro comp Kits.

Remember you are likely to get stung for VAT, import tax and a handling fee (usually) from courier for you to get it. so still going to be pushing £1k IMHO.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Still cheaper than LAS? Almost worth a trip over to collect it!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Thats ###### good and looks as if everything is the same as roughtrax supply.The shocks may well be better aswell than the supertrux ones
          Thanks for the link
          i found that site a couple of years ago but it has taken me almost 2 years to find it again! lol
          only thing that worries me is all the brackets? will the addition of all those bolt on brackets make things weaker?? i have no idea what metal its made of?
          and yes tony you are right mate. still works out a bit cheaper though and as rich quite rightly points out, the RC shocks are from what ive read a much better and longer lasting shock than LA's. (?) plsu they look nicer too
          my bro has just immigrated to San Fransico and a mate of mine also lives in Florida. i will see if one of them can pick it up from the supplier and get a cheaper courrier to ship it to the UK. that company said they ONLY can use BOXGLOBAL for some silly reason.
          the main thing i like about it is the instructions that come with it! im certain i can fit all that myself! i just need my socket set and a packet of PG Tips and im good to go! they reckon 7-8 fitting time. sounds promising.
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Still cheaper than LAS? Almost worth a trip over to collect it!
            you know what your right. the money saved could be a plane ticket over there and a night out on the #### before you come back!
            Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

i may make some enquiries with interparcel.com as they do import service aswell as uk collection service and see what they can come up with price wise

Comment

i found that site a couple of years ago but it has taken me almost 2 years to find it again! lol
                only thing that worries me is all the brackets? will the addition of all those bolt on brackets make things weaker?? i have no idea what metal its made of?
                and yes tony you are right mate. still works out a bit cheaper though and as rich quite rightly points out, the RC shocks are from what ive read a much better and longer lasting shock than LA's. (?) plsu they look nicer too
                my bro has just immigrated to San Fransico and a mate of mine also lives in Florida. i will see if one of them can pick it up from the supplier and get a cheaper courrier to ship it to the UK. that company said they ONLY can use BOXGLOBAL for some silly reason.
                the main thing i like about it is the instructions that come with it! im certain i can fit all that myself! i just need my socket set and a packet of PG Tips and im good to go! they reckon 7-8 fitting time. sounds promising.
                the shocks are gabrielles and he said on the live chat that they are a very good shock and are popular over there.
                If you got relatives over there then it might be cheaper to order up 2 sets and then pay your relatives to ship them over for us as a gift

Comment

the shocks are gabrielles and he said on the live chat that they are a very good shock and are popular over there.
                  If you got relatives over there then it might be cheaper to order up 2 sets and then pay your relatives to ship them over for us as a gift
                  i just checked their dealer locations and they have lots in San Fran. the nearest one to my bro is in Fairfield which on the map looks about 30 miles from San Fran.
                  ill get in touch with him over the weekend and see what he says. im not holding my breath though. he is a lazy bar stad!
                  i could buy a tyre or two with the savings! haha

EDIT: well he wouldnt say they were rubbish and unpopular shocks would he
                  Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Ignoring all the rest of the posts, Supertrux are expensive, but they will actually do the job properly, rather than just sticking longer springs and lumps of metal in to make the truck higher and the geometry all over the place.

7" lift and 37" tyres is a big step to take if you actually want to drive the thing though. 3 to 4 inches and some 33s will make it look better but it'll still drive reasonably properly.

I'm all for silly ideas and throwing money around (hack my PMs for proof) but that's a lot of money to chuck at a surf with no real benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      Ignoring all the rest of the posts, Supertrux are expensive, but they will actually do the job properly, rather than just sticking longer springs and lumps of metal in to make the truck higher and the geometry all over the place.

7" lift and 37" tyres is a big step to take if you actually want to drive the thing though. 3 to 4 inches and some 33s will make it look better but it'll still drive reasonably properly.

I'm all for silly ideas and throwing money around (hack my PMs for proof) but that's a lot of money to chuck at a surf with no real benefit.
                      yeah thats why i was prepared to spend the money coz i knew that it would be a pro job. as for the tyres i think they will be 36" as thats what the baja's come in. i told them they could hack away all they wanted and fit the big arch extentions in order for them to fit if it helped
                      i dont care anymore. i just want to take comfort in the thought that if i wanted to crush a small car, then i could.

but you make a good point. im very worried about the little things that never get mentioned that LA would obviously know and sort out like lengthening steering and quick shifts etc etc.
                      hmm decision decisions.
                      Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

I wasnt questioning LA's skills or their prices, or the fact that some wants a lifted truck - just giving my opinion that I wouldn't spend that sort of cash on a truck of that age, IF I wanted to do something like a big lift, I think it would be wise to start with a newer truck - less wear - chance of it lasting longer - better value for your money. However how many times on here have you read folks with pie in the sky dreams that are out of touch with reality and havnt thought their needs or how to achive them realisticly. Twas just a word to 'think' perhaps.
                        I would like a Bently turbo and many millions in the bank etc etc...but reaiisticly, guess I am stuck with a 2nd gen!!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                          I wasnt questioning LA's skills or their prices, or the fact that some wants a lifted truck - just giving my opinion that I wouldn't spend that sort of cash on a truck of that age, IF I wanted to do something like a big lift, I think it would be wise to start with a newer truck - less wear - chance of it lasting longer - better value for your money. However how many times on here have you read folks with pie in the sky dreams that are out of touch with reality and havnt thought their needs or how to achive them realisticly. Twas just a word to 'think' perhaps.
                          I would like a Bently turbo and many millions in the bank etc etc...but reaiisticly, guess I am stuck with a 2nd gen!!
                          fair point/opinion mate.
                          im one of those guys that doesnt want to be thinking when he is 60, "oh i wish i had a big lifted truck when i was younger".
                          IMHO, money comes and goes. memories are for life.
                          im sure when im towering over eveybody i wont be thinking "gee i wish i didnt spend all that money just for this MASSIVE smile on my face"
                          peace.
                          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

fair point/opinion mate.
                            im one of those guys that doesnt want to be thinking when he is 60, "oh i wish i had a big lifted truck when i was younger".
                            IMHO, money comes and goes. memories are for life.
                            im sure when im towering over eveybody i wont be thinking "gee i wish i didnt spend all that money just for this MASSIVE smile on my face"
                            peace.
                            This is the same reason i want to have mine lifted with massive tyres.I've always liked the look of big trucks ever since i was a kid and now i got the chance to do it i will.If i only have the truck for a few months at least i would have had a childhood dream come true

Comment

This is the same reason i want to have mine lifted with massive tyres.I've always liked the look of big trucks ever since i was a kid and now i got the chance to do it i will.If i only have the truck for a few months at least i would have had a childhood dream come true
                              good for you mate.
                              i just cant make my mind up weather to pay LA to do it or not. id love to do it myself but i just dont have the confidence.
                              like someone else prviously said, atleast with LA you know you will be left with a well built, fully working and safe truck 5 days later.
                              Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

if your confident to do it yourself or a group of you doing it then go for it.If you don't feel you are confident enough then the best way is to pay someone to do it for you

Comment

Working...
                                X