Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• la supertrux

hi guys.
    has anybody on here taken their surf into LA Supertruxs and had work done there before? any pics would be nice.
    i spoke to Nigle from there and have been going through details about their 3" body lift and 4" sus lift with a dual shock setup and 37" tyres with arch extensions on.
    has anybody had this done by them before and if so how did they find the sus lift? i hear some sus lifts give different results to others despite both stating the same amount of lift. i.e one companies 4" sus lift might not look as high as another comapnies 4" sus lift? is that true?
    Ta.
    oh and at a tad over £4000 does that sound about right?!
    reason i ask is because i might buy a different sus kit to what they sell and get them to fit that instead. i have no idea of the quality of the kit they use. i assume its good but was worried its cheaper to keep costs down?
    all opinions appriciated.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
    hi guys.
    has anybody on here taken their surf into LA Supertruxs and had work done there before? any pics would be nice.
    i spoke to Nigle from there and have been going through details about their 3" body lift and 4" sus lift with a dual shock setup and 37" tyres with arch extensions on.
    has anybody had this done by them before and if so how did they find the sus lift? i hear some sus lifts give different results to others despite both stating the same amount of lift. i.e one companies 4" sus lift might not look as high as another comapnies 4" sus lift? is that true?
    Ta.
    oh and at a tad over £4000 does that sound about right?!
    reason i ask is because i might buy a different sus kit to what they sell and get them to fit that instead. i have no idea of the quality of the kit they use. i assume its good but was worried its cheaper to keep costs down?
    all opinions appriciated.

How the fcku do they come up with these rediculous prices??!!

Ask/look on the Hilux pick-up owners site for examples of their work.

If you need to run 37" tyres, you'll need to re-gear the diffs too otherwise you'll be beaten off the lights by cyclists.

Buy the lift kits from somewhere else and fit it all your self, it's not that difficult and it'll only take you a week-end. The most expensive items would be the tyres, and you'll need five.
    I wouldn't go any bigger than 35" personally unless you're building a show truck.
    What size engine does yours have? you're being a little cagey with your profile details.

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      How the fcku do they come up with these rediculous prices??!!

Ask/look on the Hilux pick-up owners site for examples of their work.

If you need to run 37" tyres, you'll need to re-gear the diffs too otherwise you'll be beaten off the lights by cyclists.

Buy the lift kits from somewhere else and fit it all your self, it's not that difficult and it'll only take you a week-end. The most expensive items would be the tyres, and you'll need five.
      I wouldn't go any bigger than 35" personally unless you're building a show truck.
      What size engine does yours have? you're being a little cagey with your profile details.

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.
      hello mate. id love to do it all myself but i get lost when it comes to lowering diffs, extending steering columns and re-gearing. the rest of it seems simple enough though. (?)
      i have the 3.0lt kzn130 1993 ssrx.
      i reckon i can lift the rear up myself well enough but not the front. the front scares me lol.
      Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

hello mate. id love to do it all myself but i get lost when it comes to lowering diffs, extending steering columns and re-gearing. the rest of it seems simple enough though. (?)
        i have the 3.0lt kzn130 1993 ssrx.
        i reckon i can lift the rear up myself well enough but not the front. the front scares me lol.
        Check if LAS' price includes everything:

Suspension lift. (Bracket lift)
        Bodylift.
        Diff. re-gearing.
        Arches.
        Wheels/tyres.

I still think thats a rip-off price though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Check if LAS' price includes everything:

Suspension lift. (Bracket lift)
          Bodylift.
          Diff. re-gearing.
          Arches.
          Wheels/tyres.

I still think thats a rip-off price though.
          the original price was about £3500 but to add the dual shock kit (needed if i want the 37" tyres) would be another 400-500. and yes it included everything you mentioned but im not sure about the re-gearing. i told nigel i would pop down and see him on tuesday to go over things a bit more detailed.
          im assuming they will fit appropriate lowering brackets and extend what ever needs extending. the price also included adding a quick shift setup.

do you know of any people in the UK that sell decent 4" or bigger sus lifts? all the ones i have seen are in the States.
          LA's sus lift kit is about £1300 alone.
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

spending £4000 on a '93 truck Ermmmm - your cash I spose
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
              i have/had a "slight" gambling problem so i dont mind the money going to something constructive. plus ive always wanted to do it.
              im open to cheaper options by all means
              im not sure who else to go to really. at least with these guys they know the surfs like the back of their hands and can do this sorta thing blind folded.
              Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

i have/had a "slight" gambling problem so i dont mind the money going to something constructive. plus ive always wanted to do it.
                im open to cheaper options by all means
                im not sure who else to go to really. at least with these guys they know the surfs like the back of their hands and can do this sorta thing blind folded.
                Can I suggest talking to tonyn on here, he is a bit of a wizard to all things Surf and I wouldnt mind betting he could save you a fair bit, are you sure in your own mind exactly what you wish to do with the truck - offroad or show motor? there are many on here that go off road seriously with a lot less lift than you are proposing if you want a monster there are a few of them on here as well, who could give advice with no vested interest, Tony knows who they are as well!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

at least with these guys they know the surfs like the back of their hands and can do this sorta thing blind folded.
                  Really????

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                    Priced up 37's and wheels to suit recently? lol probalby 1/2 the money right there, another grand for a 4" suspension lift, then all the other stuff, then add labour, it soon adds up.

Not everyone can work on their own trucks, for lots of reasons, should these people not have a big lifted truck?

LAS is a business, if people are happy paying the cash, then its up to them, no one has built more road legal monster turcks than them, or knows how to make them work. There have been problems, there always will when you have people working for you, and you have a high turnover of trucks, you can't watch over them all the time and mistakes slip through the net.

Its not a rip off price, its a price that makes you money and covers overheads, pure and simple.

37" Boggers are about £300ea, BFG's Krawlers are £370! wheels are £80 for steels, £100-150 or more for alloys, its soon adds up.

You guys are quick to bash prices. Add it up, with reasonable rates for labour as well, not doing it for fun and to help a mate like we do lots on here.

You honestly ain't going to get get much change out of £4k for turning up with a stock surf, and leaving a few days later with a road legal truck on 37's that works and is safe no matter who does it.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers for the reassurance Tony.
                      i know im capable of doing all the work "if" i knew how to do it
                      i cant afford to have my truck off the road for weeks coz im not sure what im doing.
                      tomorrow i will be fitting a new rad, thermostat, rocker cover gasket and that is about as technicall as i get! lol the rest of mechanics and what not just boggle me.
                      And Bushwhacker, im assuming they do yes
                      good point fatfires. it will mostly be a on-road truck and the odd off roading on the weekends etc. normal kinda stuff i guess. im well aware that you dont need to go as high as the sky to improve off-road capabilities and infact too high will only have an adverse effect. does anybody know what this limit is at all?? i'd still like to have confidence that i can go over anything without rolling over!
                      i currently have a 2" body lift and "2 sus lift with 33" BFG AT's. i personally dont think i would be happy with only going up 2" in tyre size. maybe im just used to 33"'s and have forgotten just how big they really are!? lol
                      oh and if anybody wants to fit or help me fit the same kit LA offer for less then im all ears! lol
                      oh and Tony what do you think of the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's??
                      Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

I'm looking at spending 2.5k on lifting my truck with 6" suspension and 3" bodylift.I spent £200 on the bodylift and wheels spacers already.I was lucky to of paid £500 for Lucifers old wheels and tyres.Theres £700 spent there already.I still need to buy the suspension lift at £1300.Thats 2k spent.I then have to get the prop spacers and steering column extended maybe £150. I also have to get the twin steering damperthats another £150 so we're up to £2300 there already.Plus i will want to re-gear it aswell but that will have to wait but in the mean time i will fit 2.4 front and rear diffs just to help out with the 39's.
                        As Jamie is buying the new wheels and tyres aswell as LA s/trux doing the work i dont think its a bad price overall.
                        I was lucky to been at the right place at the right time to save myself about £1500 on the supertrux 3" bodylift and the wheels and tyres
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers for the reassurance Tony.
                          i know im capable of doing all the work "if" i knew how to do it
                          i cant afford to have my truck off the road for weeks coz im not sure what im doing.
                          tomorrow i will be fitting a new rad, thermostat, rocker cover gasket and that is about as technicall as i get! lol the rest of mechanics and what not just boggle me.
                          And Bushwhacker, im assuming they do yes
                          good point fatfires. it will mostly be a on-road truck and the odd off roading on the weekends etc. normal kinda stuff i guess. im well aware that you dont need to go as high as the sky to improve off-road capabilities and infact too high will only have an adverse effect. does anybody know what this limit is at all?? i'd still like to have confidence that i can go over anything without rolling over!
                          i currently have a 2" body lift and "2 sus lift with 33" BFG AT's. i personally dont think i would be happy with only going up 2" in tyre size. maybe im just used to 33"'s and have forgotten just how big they really are!? lol
                          oh and if anybody wants to fit or help me fit the same kit LA offer for less then im all ears! lol
                          oh and Tony what do you think of the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's??
                          well if my compo comes through in time then we can have a joint truck lifting week and have a few of us here to do them.I am hoping to have a bigger workshop in the next few months so both trucks can be done side by side.See how things go in the near future anyway.It will make a hell of a tech week anyway doing 2 trucks
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            I'm looking at spending 2.5k on lifting my truck with 6" suspension and 3" bodylift.I spent £200 on the bodylift and wheels spacers already.I was lucky to of paid £500 for Lucifers old wheels and tyres.Theres £700 spent there already.I still need to buy the suspension lift at £1300.Thats 2k spent.I then have to get the prop spacers and steering column extended maybe £150. I also have to get the twin steering damperthats another £150 so we're up to £2300 there already.Plus i will want to re-gear it aswell but that will have to wait but in the mean time i will fit 2.4 front and rear diffs just to help out with the 39's.
                            As Jamie is buying the new wheels and tyres aswell as LA s/trux doing the work i dont think its a bad price overall.
                            I was lucky to been at the right place at the right time to save myself about £1500 on the supertrux 3" bodylift and the wheels and tyres
                            hello again mate. where/who you getting the 6" sus lift kit from? id rather a bigger sus lift so i dont have to bother with another body lift as i have a 2" body lift already.
                            as for the wheels i will be using my current one and LA will reduct the price accordingly. i think they are called "comets"?? ill get them sprayed a fancy anodized colour to suit the new paint job.
                            do you reckon just a 6" sus lift will be easier than me doing a 4" sus and a 3" body lift?
                            that way i will actually be going 1" higher with hopefully less work??
                            Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              well if my compo comes through in time then we can have a joint truck lifting week and have a few of us here to do them.I am hoping to have a bigger workshop in the next few months so both trucks can be done side by side.See how things go in the near future anyway.It will make a hell of a tech week anyway doing 2 trucks
                              yeah that sounds sweet mate! it wont be untill next month untill my funds are fully there anyway. i could bring all my tools with me and be like your young apprentice. i can just copy what you do lol
                              Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X