No announcement yet.

Any ideas please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reet! the 2.4 from a 3.0 is a long story and is in here somewhere.
    So, looks like i need a day or two on the truck then give the wife something else to moan about
    Thank you chaps, i'l get started this weekend...cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      There noisey, slow and why on earth would you want to drop from 3lt to 2,4??? (unless the 3 was a right dog and the 2.4 is prestine)
      few things you can do to improve things tho,
      1 fit an intercooler,
      2 remove the EGR shoit, blank off the inlet and exhaust ports it was connected to but leave the electric plugs connected (incase the ECU gets confused)and blank off the vac tube at the back, also if you've a mind to remove the inlet manifold and clear out all that oily gunge thats bound to be in there,
      3 fit a 3" exhaust and straight through box (1) (its like ventolin to an asthmatic)
      4 click on the turbo compensator six clicks or ten if your feeling adventureus, and fit a boost gauge to keep an eye on things,
      5 fit manual front hubs, reduces drag(every little helps)
      6 shove copious ammounts of ATF fluid in the tank or buy new injectors,
      7 give it the flushing of its life and if its running hot as most 2.4 do then do the backup fan mod
      8 flog it and go back to a 3lt

Can you elaborate on "EGR shoit" please

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Aye sorry! forgot that one, i bottled out and only put 2mm ones in there
        4x2's, I hardly call that bottling.

Comment

Heres a couple of pics regarding the EGR, a quick fix would be the "cable tie or ball bearing" mod, (cant find any pic of the pipe to tie off but if you do a search on this mod i'm sure you'll find more than enough info, it's been well gone over in the past) as i was doing the engine up a bit i thought i'd just get rid of the whole "dead weight" thing and done with it, you'll see where it connects, pipe from the ex manifold to the vac unit just behind the inlet intake, and pipe from that to the inlet manifold, (when i removed this bit was when i saw it was bunged up with black oily cr@p) blank off these two ports, (i think someone on here is makeing them, although it aint too difficult to knock up some plates from mild steel plate, gasket and hermitite), thats that bit removed,
          the pic on the bench is the vac controll electronics plugs, you'll see em on the engine, there colour matched plugs/sockets so ya cant go wrong, i left them connected and just cable tied the vac pips (marked) off,
          this whole EGR assembly weighs a fair bit and its doubtfull if it works anyway on these old engines, prob been clogged up for yonks, so just dead weight,
          it was supposed to divert exhaust gasses back through the engine to reduce "nox" emmisions, but as that aint part of the mot emissions test it's a waste of space,
          this is a lot easier to get rid of with any sort of body lift, be a bit tricky to remove the pipe at the back on a non lift,
          got some more pics but there on photobucket and are bigguns so i'd have to find em but if i can be of any help let me know,
          Attached Files
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet View Post
            4x2's, I hardly call that bottling.

well it did make the boost gauge move for the first time
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Massive help mi owd mucker, thanks a mil.
              Was going to make a start to day but its like winter here, so the wife has me painting. Grrrrr!!!
              Wish the economy would pick up so some work would come in, i hate PAINTING!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X