6" body lift HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6" body lift HELP !

Hi I have just liberated a 6" body lift kit from a hi lux that my dad bought and it come with the body mounts and the bumper brackets and the steering spacer , the only thing is that who ever had the truck before had welded the body mounts to the truck body any body know why ? Also any help or advice on fitting and any thing else you care to add would be more than welcome.
    Thanks Mark.

i take it your planning on some big tyres then.
    I having a 6" suspension and 3" body lifts to fit 39's.
    What size do you plan running on.If your not going for big tyres i can't see why you would want 6" body.

I suppose they welded the mounts as a precaution incase the bolts snapped or something.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The tyres that I have are 35" BFG's and the the body lift I have at the moment is 2" but the tyres catch so I thought I would fit this as it was free I was just a bit conserned at the mounts being welded , is there much flex with it being 6" higher ?
      Last edited by Markymark; 3 January 2009, 22:32.

Comment

if it was me i would put it to 3" bodylift or even 2" unless going big tyre route.5" is ample to fit 35's as Rod Leach has done it.Or even go 2" bodylift and get some spring spacers to make up the difference
        These are only suggestions tho as i wouldn't go the 6" on a bodylift as there is a high risk of body movement and bolts giving way which you don't want

If you decide you don't want these lift parts then i will be interested for when i do mine

Comment

I have a 3" suspention lift on the truck at the mo and was going to get some ball joint spacers and coil spring spacers to see if that cured it but then this came along , it would be 4" higher on the body than now and the wheels would clear the arches on full lock .

Comment

cut the spacers to 3" and that should be enough for the 35's as you'll have a 6" lift.the very max body lift would be 4" that you will need i would of thought.
            i think once you fit balljoint spacers on the front you will notice a difference on the clearance without going higher on the bodylift.

Comment

I think Phantom has a 6" body lift now made up of two 3" spacers.

To be honest mate. a 6" body lift plus all the suspension parts for 35's is total over kill.

Ive got a 5" front lift an the 35's rub a small amount on the O/S due to not hammering enough.

Anyway, If your going to give it any stick off road with a 6" body lift chances are something will break an it will be pretty drastic.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                cut the spacers to 3" and that should be enough for the 35's as you'll have a 6" lift.the very max body lift would be 4" that you will need i would of thought.
                i think once you fit balljoint spacers on the front you will notice a difference on the clearance without going higher on the bodylift.
                Anything bigger then a 33" will always have issues on a Surf. You have to lift the body clear of the suspension on full articulation. A 35" tyre just wont go into the arch without beating something!

a 7" lift is a bit more of the 'norm' for 35's with no rubbing an no trimming. But then its far too tall for 12.50 wide tyres an if you go wider then you gotta go even taller!!!

Comment

There will be so many extra issues with a 6" body lift that only come to light once you start that I think it would be more hassle than its worth.
                  Battery cables, brake lines, air intake, fuel filler hose, loads of wires, etc would all have to be modified / extended, the body and chassis mounts would have to be beefed up with strengthening plates and drilled for M16 bolts, plus loads more probably.
                  Think I would look at dumping the IFS and body lift and going with a SAS.
                  Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Whats SAS ?

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                      Whats SAS ?
                      solid axel swap

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                        Whats SAS ?
                        as Rich said, Its a solid axle swap...

you can basically go a sh!t load higher if you want without the complications of a large body lift.

a member here Phantom has done it so im sure he can chime in an say what else needed changing etc.

With a solid axle swap your basically taking the suspension set up off a hilux pickup an putting it on a surf.

Articulation is massivly improved aswell! not that it matters!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          as Rich said, Its a solid axle swap...

you can basically go a sh!t load higher if you want without the complications of a large body lift.

a member here Phantom has done it so im sure he can chime in an say what else needed changing etc.

With a solid axle swap your basically taking the suspension set up off a hilux pickup an putting it on a surf.

Articulation is massivly improved aswell! not that it matters!
                          i though phantom has a superlift keeping the standard wishbone set up.???
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            i though phantom has a superlift keeping the standard wishbone set up.???
                            Ooops!!

Bad wording on my part mate.

Phantom does have the superlift but i meant he has the 6" body lift...

My bad...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              Ooops!!

Bad wording on my part mate.

Phantom does have the superlift but i meant he has the 6" body lift...

My bad...
                              hey rod is that the best excuse you can come up with,just hope trev dont see it. i wont tell him promise.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X