No announcement yet.

It's all coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, we were only havin a laugh. You deserve it coming on here talking aabout Pajeros.

p.s. What tyres did you get and how much?
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

I'll take back my remarks Brian if you put me in touch with your breaker buddy (but only till somethin else crops up that I can slag you about )

Comment

its all right jim, wait till i show you some pic's of me being towed out tomorrow and then ya can slag away!!!

@del, bf goodrich mud's, 5 for 875, i know its a lot but hey its worth it!!!! you see with a pajero you can actually have a full size spare, it fits the wheel carrier no problem , see, owning a pajero isnt that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by pajeronut
          del dont be so skeptical!! a 4x4 is a 4x4 at the end of the day, they all do the same thing
          It's just some do it with so much more style... like the surf...
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            It's just some do it with so much more style... like the surf...
            So, you've seen Brians Paj then, i presume!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

well at least i have the option of putting the 33" outside! but sureit makes no difference cos it'll be coming inside soon cos it really kills the departure angle, but for the moment we'll see.
              @del, it would be great to get some more vehicles involved in the off roading properly cuz i've just met the lads i'll be joing tomorrow and they all have landrovers and range rovers, never mind being the only pajero, i'm the only non landrover vehicle!

Comment

The only reason, i didnt go this time is lack of funds. Do you know when the next one is. If i know then i can hold back some munny for it. It would be cool do do some proper stuff again!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

This thread is becoming addictive. A bigger draw than Corrie, Stenders and Big Bruvver rolled together. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next instalment.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Well, i'm getting my exhaust finished tomorrow, finally, so i'll post some pics of that!
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Rigs in getting the exhaust done now. Stainless steel brake lines just arrived from LA Supertrux with a note to say that they think thay are the right size according to there files. Ordered them on 26th June. As they hadnt arrived last week i sent a little e-mail to enquire could they be tracked. Recieved them today with a postage date stamped on them of 2nd July. Guess they forgot to post them, or is Royal Mail really that inefficient?
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Delboy,

I would like to add some more fuel to the fire...

ProComp rear 2"+ Springs...

They are supposed to be progressive, right?

Well, without any load in the vehicle, or on the roof rack... back stands up quite nicely. Rides well, etc...

However, when loaded with all the clobber one needs for a short self catering trip to Europe with my better half and my two very small (and gorgeous) daughters... its starts to sag... at the rear. Not impressed.

Being kind to ProComp, I was not sure if my expectations were too high, and I have managed to tweak the front end to 13 1/2" rim edge to arch edge. (nice crease in the handbrake cable guide tube in the torsion bar adjuster bracket)

And there was an awful lot of crap we had to take (just in case)...

First image, is on our return, with the rear unloaded... Second image is at the Eurostar terminal, with everything (but me - +100Kg) on board.

AndyLala
                        Last edited by AndyLala; 12 July 2004, 18:01.

Comment

del, brian here, i think i have a set of tyres for ya, call me on 0877804070, i think you'll be very interested, bfgoodrich all terrains, oh and i'll try get my pics developed in the next day or two and i'll post them here so eveyone can have a good laugh! stuck is a word that needs a new definition!

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner guys, but just got back from a few days holliers. Andy, as far as i am concerned, the procomp springs are not worth the money. They only lifted mine about an inch above where the Milner springs had taken it. They are a lot cheaper than OME springs so you get what you pay for. Thats why i had to put the spring spacers in!
                            Brian, dont have a penny at the moment, cause of holidays, but thanks for the thought. I'm gonna get muds when i need them. AT's dont do anything for me!
                            Derek :
                            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

just give me a shout anyway, you'll like what i have on offer! they are almost brand new, they did about 800 km's, so not being new means not that expensive and i can keep them on hold for a while, there is no rush to shfit them!

Comment

No go Brian! Sorry.
                                Derek :
                                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X