It's all coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all coming together

I'm in the process of doing a 2" suspension lift on my Surf and i'm getting quite excited about it. I have nearly all the pieces.
    - 1.5" Balljoint spacers for the front
    - 2" Procomp Lift Springs for the back
    - Got some second hand 33x12.5r15 Courser Radial Lt's
    - And just ordered four 15x8 Chrome 8 spoke steel wheels
    Will fab up a bracket to raise the LSPV arm after the lift to bring it back to normal. I will probably do a write up on this one, if anyone is interested ). Will use this thread for updates. Combined wth my 1" body lift and a slight torsion bar crank, i will get 3" of lift and probably another 2 fom the tyres.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

stick some pics on as you go through the stages.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Will do!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
        I'm in the process of doing a 2" suspension lift on my Surf and i'm getting quite excited about it. I have nearly all the pieces.
        - 1.5" Balljoint spacers for the front
        - 2" Procomp Lift Springs for the back
        - Got some second hand 33x12.5r15 Courser Radial Lt's
        - And just ordered four 15x8 Chrome 8 spoke steel wheels
        Will fab up a bracket to raise the LSPV arm after the lift to bring it back to normal. I will probably do a write up on this one, if anyone is interested ). Will use this thread for updates. Combined wth my 1" body lift and a slight torsion bar crank, i will get 3" of lift and probably another 2 fom the tyres.

Definatly want to see some pics, of befor and after shots with a rating of the difference in handling etc. Good luck and may all your nuts loose'n easily.

Fish
        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Just when I was getting near your floor, you jump in the lift and go higher

Good luck

Comment

Cheers Guys! Doin' this on the cheap Jim. Still cost me around €850 for the lot. Wanted 33's for a long, long time! They are well worn, actually only measure 31.5" at the moment. Still have 1/2" of tread left on them. Will do till i can save for new Muddies.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

The diff gearing...are you gonna say 'dont go there James' if I mention it ???

Comment

Dont go there James! I'll see how bad it is and then i will worry about it. Dont think it will be as bad with a manual gearbox and i'm willing to take that chance!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Off topic, but when are we meeting up again lads???

Comment

After me and Jim have our lifts done! Back on topic. Was messing around a bit to see what the new shoes look like.
                    Attached Files
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Big it up to the Delboy

(what does that mean ??)

Comment

It's gonna look awesome Derek, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Comment

Cheers Ciaran. We will all have to meet up soon. I heard about an off roading site in Aughrim called 'Tuff Terrains'. Supposed to very good.

Jim. I think i know what you mean. "Big it up". That could be the new Yotasurf slogan.
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

theres an entry in this mths 'Total Off Road' mag for Quest Events, Aughrim, Wickla, on www.questevents.com
                            Whats the bets its an expensive corporate lesson in how not to turn your land rover over...

Comment

Thay all go out in their X9's and drive around a rugby pitch. Then pass the keys to their man servant to wash the grass off and drink champagne & pims 'till dark.
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X