Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    ... Oh and it'll keep your axle central
    No it wont. Your axle will only be central for one pressure and extension on the rear axle, otherwise it will move. So, basically it will be central when the truck is parked.

Its a compromise, and an EXTENDED panhard rod will mean the chassis / body moves off centre to the right WRT the wheels when there is any load in the truck. A non-extended one means the body sits to the left (by around 0.316" ) but when loaded will move towards being centred.

In short, unless your sus lift is HUUUGE, or other factors mean you need one (all of these trucks seem to be different) then there are more useful things to spend the money on.

It is admittedly bling though, and it shuts up all the people who cant do trigonometry
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

more algebra

well i can do do trig AND hecke algebra and i can use vectors in at least four dimensions to show each movement in either plane but !!!!!!!!

it still looks bling under there with its big narly thready thing and all silver and that !!!!

i nearly forgot,

i can do lorentz transformations as well,but i get a bit confused
      especially with all them damm triple integrals
      Last edited by gwh200; 4 January 2008, 22:10. Reason: addition
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hu child, I can do long division
        Brian

Comment

trigowotsitsname.not getting invloved in this argument,but an adjustable panhard rod worked for me,but then again i do have six or seven inches of lift.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

"Calm down! Calm down!"

A lift as big as yours will of course need a longer rod. What I was trying to suggest to others, is dont just go blindly into buying lots of stuff when they might not need to. A 2-3" lift moves the body in relation to the wheels less than a gnats knacker. I'm sure a 7" lift must move the body somewhere between 1.5 and 2", which would be VERY noticeable.

Comment

well......
              i had to have a little measure today whilst looking for my leak.i am approx 5.9 inches higher than i was,so assuming that was 6 inches with new tyres,very roughly i needed an extra 1.67 inches on my panhard bar,but also...spot on andy.a smal(2-3 inch) lift doesnt really merit changing the panhard bar
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                well......
                i had to have a little measure today whilst looking for my leak.i am approx 5.9 inches higher than i was,so assuming that was 6 inches with new tyres,very roughly i needed an extra 1.67 inches on my panhard bar,but also...spot on andy.a smal(2-3 inch) lift doesnt really merit changing the panhard bar
                I know you're not thick, so its probably just how you worded it... only suspension lift makes any difference as the rod goes from chassis to axle.

The height of your tyres, and the bodylift, dont make any difference.

Comment

I can do trigonometry and algebra, look:
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

and x is 5

and a lso have slight isue with body not sitting to squarely on chassis,which may account for the minor tickles during the bodylift
                    (that and all the coffee/pizza breaks hey ian!!)
                    Last edited by gwh200; 5 January 2008, 23:31.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi Mate, that really does not look like a 4 inch lift. I would guess at 2 inch.

Comment

[QUOTE=nero279]I can do trigonometry and algebra, look:[QUOTE]

Us carpenters have been using that for thousands of years mate!

Comment

Working...
                        X