Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocksliders

Hi folks,
    Anybody fabbing sliders at the moment? Looking for some before end sept.
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

psssst you might want to pm mark [surfenstein] dont say i told you though really nice sliders
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

There are some plans here .....they are for a 1st gen but can be modded for a second gen by shortening the length by about 150 mm but check your distances between arches

http://forums.bauchan.org/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=3
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. I used the drawing as a start. Rocksliders now on. Have taken some pics so will post once complete. Complete means red-oxide primer, 2x coats hammerite and fitting the tread. I used steel box 50x30x3 I did all the measuring, cutting & grinding. I then spot-welded the struts and took them to a friend who did the serious welding!
        Feels great- another cheap mod done, cant wait till tomorrow to check them out in daylight!
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
          Thanks for all the advice guys. I used the drawing as a start. Rocksliders now on. Have taken some pics so will post once complete. Complete means red-oxide primer, 2x coats hammerite and fitting the tread. I used steel box 50x30x3 I did all the measuring, cutting & grinding. I then spot-welded the struts and took them to a friend who did the serious welding!
          Feels great- another cheap mod done, cant wait till tomorrow to check them out in daylight!

PICS ???
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Red-oxide primer on went on today. Her are some pics. I wanted simple but strong, lightweight sill protection doubling as a step. I dont think I will be using them as rocksliders or jack-points but I certainly believe they will stand up to a fair bit of off-road abuse. Also handy for your big mates to counter-balance you on those unstable axle-twisters!
            May add chequer-plate later. I need to seal the ends as well.
            Well, I`m certainly grinning from ear to ear! Will add another pic when complete.
            Attached Files
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              PICS ???
              that quick enough?
              Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Great looking sliders mate, You've got a 1.5" body lift aint ya?

Any ideas on total costs on them?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  Great looking sliders mate, You've got a 1.5" body lift aint ya?

Any ideas on total costs on them?
                  Hi Rod, yeah, the bodylift gives the extra room. I dont know the total costs but the steel was £20 (and i`ve still got 6ft. left) and the cutting/measuring of the pieces took a few hours with a recip saw and grinder & then there`s about 2 hours on the lift for the main welding.
                  Powered by Toyota!

Comment

@ Woodzie

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    There are some plans here .....they are for a 1st gen but can be modded for a second gen by shortening the length by about 150 mm but check your distances between arches

http://forums.bauchan.org/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=3
                    what bit is too long/short for the second gen???? im getting some made at the mo but im doing a single tube only with kick outs each end. The brackets for the chassis still ok? - if so I guess we can fiddle with positions once the clamps are on the car :-S
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      what bit is too long/short for the second gen???? im getting some made at the mo but im doing a single tube only with kick outs each end. The brackets for the chassis still ok? - if so I guess we can fiddle with positions once the clamps are on the car :-S

The bracket positions are OK, but in the drawing in that link, the long tube with the angled ends is slightly too long to fit between the front and rear arches, but if the ends are squared off like Chris's above, then they'll fit more snuggly.

Does that make sense?

Good work BTW Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        The bracket positions are OK, but in the drawing in that link, the long tube with the angled ends is slightly too long to fit between the front and rear arches, but if the ends are squared off like Chris's above, then they'll fit more snuggly.

Does that make sense?

Good work BTW Chris!
                        sort of - I just wanted to check that the chassis clamps are the same, we can work out the "sticky out tube bits" once we got them on,
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Does that make sense?

Good work BTW Chris!
                          Thanks, Vince. Yes, the rails in the plan are 64". I made the rail 62". I think there will be space for 64" but it may be touching the front-mud-flap. The side-struts are the correct distance apart on the rail and leaves nice space around them on the chassis for attaching. I altered the length of the side-struts by measuring from chassis to the welded body-seam. Mine stick out abit but I`ve yet to widen my track!!
                          I`ve just been to check and their seems to be plenty of space for 64" rails.
                          Maybe there is a difference between the two 2nd models? My advice- check and double check any measurements physically on the vehicle (even if its from a plan drawing!).
                          Last edited by chrisinflight; 19 September 2007, 10:25.