Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenlowe fans

has anyone else fitted one?

reading the set up procedure the engine is to be run up til the gauges moves to 3/4 then adjust the fan to cut in at that point, to me thats worringly late for a vehicle with a temp prob, they instructions say that 3/4 on the gauge is only 5 to 10 degrees more than normal.

if no one has anyinput on this i will be ringing kenlowe tomoz one to order another silicone band (see viscous fan thread) and two to get reasurance before i start the setup procedure, plus i think i mite wire up a digi temp gauge to see what temps it is running at as the gauge doesent show temp, my works vans gauge goes from 70 degrees to 115 degrees - normal running is 75-80 towing it goes up to 85-90
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

im thinking of getting a guage with values on
    dont mind it going up so much if i can see the actual temp!

got an oil temp gauge to install now - what side of my oil cooler should i fit it people??? the feed or return (im thinking the return...)
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I personally would think the feed line. I know it won't let you know
      how well it's being cooled, but it will be a better indicator of any
      impending problem.

Comment

John, I'd set it up to kick in at normal temp, if it were me. It's
        better to be excessively cooled than to leave the cooling off
        until the last moment. I'd sod what they say and go for a
        setting far earlier on the gauge.

Comment

[QUOTE=john.sally]has anyone else fitted one?

reading the set up procedure the engine is to be run up til the gauges moves to 3/4 then adjust the fan to cut in at that point, to me thats worringly late for a vehicle with a temp prob, they instructions say that 3/4 on the gauge is only 5 to 10 degrees more than normal.

I have a digital temp gauge on mine and 3/4 on the f/f gauge equates to around 104/106c and not really desireable therefore I would definately set it much lower.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I concur, i've got an analog temp gauge and normaly she'll run at around
            85-90c dropping to around 80-85c (motorway, about 60mph) but it did go just over 100c in a traffic jam on a hot day whereby i $hit myslef cos the
            leccy fan still did'nt come on which is why i'd like a switch on there plus the fanned vents, i'd definatly set it a bit lower.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I've just fitted an electric fan in place of the viscous and today the engine temp was varying between just under 90 and up to about 95 - the original gauge didn't move from normal. The standard guage is pretty useless in these situations because it is "centre weighted"
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

what fan did you fit rodger?
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X