suggest what amount of body sway factor would be noticed by removing
    the anti-sway/roll bars, both front and back? Also, I presume they are not
    a MOT necessity?

Originally posted by MattF
    To put it in the section it deserves, , can anyone, from experience,
    suggest what amount of body sway factor would be noticed by removing
    the anti-sway/roll bars, both front and back? Also, I presume they are not
    a MOT necessity?
    hi Matt don't know about the front but i took the rear off of my 2.4 and never noticed any extra roll/sway.Surely if it's not on there they can't test it just like a spare tyre but make sure its taken off b4 you have the mot cause if the surf fails for anyreason then it will have to be re-tested with it on as i was told by a local garage
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      hi Matt don't know about the front but i took the rear off of my 2.4 and never noticed any extra roll/sway.Surely if it's not on there they can't test it just like a spare tyre but make sure its taken off b4 you have the mot cause if the surf fails for anyreason then it will have to be re-tested with it on as i was told by a local garage
      That sounds good. One slight deviation question, why is only the rear generally
      removed? From what I gather of the sway bar idea, they will keep the body
      position following the wheel/suspension position to some degree? Surely, if
      one of the front wheels hits a dip, the body would follow instead of allowing the
      extended travel between front wheel/suspension and body, so why is the front
      usually not removed as well? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my
      head around the theoretical and practical divide on this one. Thanks for your
      help once again.

Comment

That sounds good. One slight deviation question, why is only the rear generally
        removed? From what I gather of the sway bar idea, they will keep the body
        position following the wheel/suspension position to some degree? Surely, if
        one of the front wheels hits a dip, the body would follow instead of allowing the
        extended travel between front wheel/suspension and body, so why is the front
        usually not removed as well? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my
        head around the theoretical and practical divide on this one. Thanks for your
        help once again.

That i don't know but Tonyn may be able to help you out with a decent answer,unless there is something on the search mode about it

Comment

That i don't know but Tonyn may be able to help you out with a decent answer,unless there is something on the search mode about it
          I checked out quite a few threads the other day, and unless I overlooked
          some, there didn't appear to be anything specific with regards to the handling
          and general reasoning. It may just be I who missed using a certain keyword
          whilst searching, however. Thanks again.

Comment

I checked out quite a few threads the other day, and unless I overlooked
            some, there didn't appear to be anything specific with regards to the handling
            and general reasoning. It may just be I who missed using a certain keyword
            whilst searching, however. Thanks again.
            Well, just tried searching again, and it appears that TonyN is
            running without rears, and Gamedawn is running without any,
            so I assume Roger should be the ultimate font of information
            with regards to this. Is he active at the moment? Can't
            remember seeing any posts by him recently.

Comment

Well, just tried searching again, and it appears that TonyN is
              running without rears, and Gamedawn is running without any,
              so I assume Roger should be the ultimate font of information
              with regards to this. Is he active at the moment? Can't
              remember seeing any posts by him recently.
              yea he's been on a bit lately but if you search the member list you can always get his email/pm addy and ask him.As i read thru taking the rears off is to give that little bit more articulation while off road but like i said b4 i never noticed any differance by taking mine off
              hope i been of some help

Comment

yea he's been on a bit lately but if you search the member list you can always get his email/pm addy and ask him.As i read thru taking the rears off is to give that little bit more articulation while off road but like i said b4 i never noticed any differance by taking mine off
                hope i been of some help
                You most certainly have. Thanks ever so much. At least I now know that
                removing the rear won't have me looking upside down at the corner I just
                tried going round.

Comment

Here I am. I've got uprated springs and ES9000 shocks which I suppose make a difference to the handling but I've been running without front and rear bars for a while now and can't really see any problem at all. It still goes round corners fine (and I don't hang around) and the offroad performance is greatly improved. The answer is to try and and see what you think - you know it makes sense
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

i can vouch for rogers trucks good articulation as Ive seen it when following him!

im going to try with mine off at somepoint but im looking into making disconnects too.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the info chaps. I'm definitely going to whip them
                      off now and give it a whirl. I assume you've had no MOT
                      quibbles then, Roger? I'll probably put some new Milner's
                      springs on as well, just to make sure weak springs won't
                      allow it to excessively tilt. Thanks once again to you all.
                      The advice is highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        i can vouch for rogers trucks good articulation as Ive seen it when following him!
                        You naughty boy! You shouldn't have been looking

I assume you've had no MOT quibbles then, Roger?
                        No problems. Like the spare wheel - if it isn't there they can't test it.
                        Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                          only a quick peek you understand.
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

No problems. Like the spare wheel - if it isn't there they can't test it.
                            Thanks for that chaps. One last question, Roger. What are the ES9000's like
                            compared to the original shocks on the general ride smoothness?

Thanks once again.

Comment

Thanks for that chaps. One last question, Roger. What are the ES9000's like compared to the original shocks on the general ride smoothness?

Thanks once again.
                              They are quite firm, but I prefer that to a softer ride. Compared to the originals they are in a different class - I nearly lost the truck completely on a straight (washboard) road when the suspension bottomed out at about 70. Swapped the suspension out fairly soon after

If you want a bit more comfort go for the ES3000's They're not quite as stiff but plenty of people still rate them
                              Roger

Comment

Working...
                              X