Wheel Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Spacers

Just found this site that sells decent spacers.
    Not a bad price and free postage too!

Looks like the place is based near Salisbury.
    Hope this helps anyone who is after some.

Cheers,

Darren
    So many toys-So little cash

anybody tryed these spacers because £63 is a good price.

there was a thread a while back where people were warning against cheap spacers.

if there is any positive feedback on this i may be tempted.

cheers scotty

Comment

Delta mic's are the brand I've been fitting for people that came from Trackstore, they work fine, but not normally that cheap.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeah, £63 sounds good, but it's for a set of 2! So, you need 2 sets, £126, which still ain't bad, considering most places are around the £150-160 mark...
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          anybody tryed these spacers because £63 is a good price.

there was a thread a while back where people were warning against cheap spacers.

if there is any positive feedback on this i may be tempted.

cheers scotty
          If some forum members chip in and buy me a set,i'll gladly relay some feedback on quality and performance.!

Comment

thought it was to good to be true.

how much are the ones from trackstore coming in at tony?

as you say dave £126 still isnt bad, wonder what the quality is like?

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
              thought it was to good to be true.

how much are the ones from trackstore coming in at tony?

as you say dave £126 still isnt bad, wonder what the quality is like?

cheers scotty
              Trackstore are MIA, there was a thread about it recently, think they might have gone bust. The quality is good, they are the same brand Trackstore and others supplied. I've fitted about 3 sets for people lately.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Trackstore are MIA, there was a thread about it recently, think they might have gone bust. The quality is good, they are the same brand Trackstore and others supplied. I've fitted about 3 sets for people lately.
                Yep they gone now

Tony fitted mine, made a great difference to the handling

Cheers Tony.

From what I have heard the steel machined spacers are the ones to go for, not the cast alloy ones.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

wheel spacers

i got a set of 32mm spacers for my truck abt 2 weeks ago i only paid £60 i hav had no probs with them i hav been off roading and day 2 day use and they r fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fraser
                    i got a set of 32mm spacers for my truck abt 2 weeks ago i only paid £60 i hav had no probs with them i hav been off roading and day 2 day use and they r fine.
                    What sort are they and where'd you get em?

Comment

I might be being a bit thick here (please feel free to give me a slap)

But doesn't fitting wheel spacers put more strain on the wheel bearings.

I have always been told, with my other 4x4's that if you want a wider track then you should fit wheels with a larger offset.

Is it the same for the surf or is fitting decent spacers Ok???

ta

hawaii
                      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                        I might be being a bit thick here (please feel free to give me a slap)

But doesn't fitting wheel spacers put more strain on the wheel bearings.

I have always been told, with my other 4x4's that if you want a wider track then you should fit wheels with a larger offset.

Is it the same for the surf or is fitting decent spacers Ok???

ta

hawaii
                        You not thick, just a little misimformed, wheel spaces or wider bigger offset wheels will both stress the bearing more than standard, as the edge of the tyre is further away from the bearing resulting in greater leverage working on the bearing. The only way to keep it balenced is if the offset is reduced, keeping the middle of the tyre over the hubs, but then it would rub on the wishbones when you turned.

But, its not that extra stress for the size of spacers we're talking about here.

Comment

Chers Tony - glad you are here.

Always avoided spacers before but will defo have a re-think now as I want to keep the original alloys as they suit the truck, just want a bitter more aggressive stance.

cheers for the advice as always

hawaii
                          I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

im looking for spacers aswell, are the alloy 32mm ones really that bad, as the only steel ones ive found are 30mm (hmm whats 2mm between friends)
                            Mat..

All things Lexus...ask moi

Comment

there is a full set of 4 wheel spacers on that there site wot flogs things,£44 + £10 postage,dont know if they any good tho

Comment

Working...
                              X