Snorkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    Yeah - its called the venturi effect - a limited restriction in the pipe will accelerate the flow through the gap - potentially resulting in a higher pressure intake to the engine....

venturi.... oh my gawd......

thought he was a detective??
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

roof rack

hi! could you please send me some pictures of your car and where can i get a full length safari roof rack?
      pluginbali@yahoo.com
      thanks......

Comment

Nice work your Delbness ! You can get in right deep now only watch out while your snorkelling for Maurice, he likes to stop and take on water betimes !

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
          Nice work your Delbness ! You can get in right deep now only watch out while your snorkelling for Maurice, he likes to stop and take on water betimes !

He he!
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
            Yeah - its called the venturi effect - a limited restriction in the pipe will accelerate the flow through the gap - potentially resulting in a higher pressure intake to the engine....
            I know of this, but i don't know wether this applies to turbo engines? Although if you can help feed the turbo with air them of course this will also help overall.
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

I have also heard that a big bore exhaust moves the torque higher up the rev range. For low down torque you still need a big bore exhaust but with a restriction about 18 -20" away from the exhaust manifold. Folklore or fact?
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                I have also heard that a big bore exhaust moves the torque higher up the rev range.
                also makes you sound like a twit in the 100yds between two speed ramps!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  also makes you sound like a twit in the 100yds between two speed ramps!
                  LMAO
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X