Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyD
    Hi Jaky Cakes,

By the look of things your original a-bar had angle brackets too that I presume you now don't need. DO they still exist and do you fancy selling them?

Andy
    sorry andy - sold a-bar with all brackets and bolts to a surf owner down south - through e-bay.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
      Looks like its similar to mine that I fitted recently, see here:
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/a-bar.htm

The smaller-long L brackets on mine seemed to go from the front of the chassis (already screw-holes there that fitted the supplied bolts) to some small l-shaped brackets that were attached to one of the cross-members on the A-Bar.

Quite tricky to get to the front of the chassis but just about possible, plus the small L-brackets on the bar were mounted upside down! it took me about half an hour of offering up brackets in every concievable position before I worked that out!
      I had tried, like you, every conceivable combination of bracket orientation to no avail.seems like the kit is not purposely designed for my car, although will fit with a bit inovation.
      Inovation in the form of buying a new long style car number plate and mounting it on the original holes in the bumper. Then using the supplied stainless mounting bracket for the square style number plate (now redundant) as a sucuring bracket. had to drill bumper to mount to but using stainless allen bolts - made a pretty neat job - for a butcher!!!
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
      X