yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stabilizer (anti-roll bar) link bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Im sure the link on our '95 4runner, is the same as yours, glad i didnt order a part from milners
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

We gotta get to the bottom of this Andy, have a look will u so that we can let people know that although the link seems to have been shortened mid '91 for surfs, 4runners however stuck with the old longer one as seen in my pic.

Comment

The '91 on Surf diesel sway bars are a different shape to the '89-91 type and they are also thicker. The the V6 4runner has the same shape sway bars from '90-95 but the rear one is much thicker than a Surf one.

The picture shows the accessories that come with Downey lift kits. You might be able to buy the sway bar links separately.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by *Turandot*
            The '91 on Surf diesel sway bars are a different shape to the '89-91 type and they are also thicker. The the V6 4runner has the same shape sway bars from '90-95 but the rear one is much thicker than a Surf one.

The picture shows the accessories that come with Downey lift kits. You might be able to buy the sway bar links separately.
            That link would probably be way too long for the front.Rear standard are 180mm and if I remember correctly the fronts are 150mm.

If that link is longer for the rear lift then it is possibly 50mm longer which would make them 200mm.Be interesting to find out just what size they are.

I emailed Milners a while ago and they sent me a pic of the standard rear links and at the time they told me the fronts were the wrong type for the Surf.They were looking at getting the correct ones.

I have not tried this myself yet but maybe rears will fit front and bring stabiliser bar back to near correct position in cases where the tortion bars have been wound up.I am considering ball joint spacers on the front and will possibly try this rather than use spacers under the stabiliser bar at the chassis brackets.

Neville
            Last edited by NiftyNev; 24 October 2004, 13:04.

Comment

ok - just be out in rain... and distance between centre of ball-joint/stud and bottom of top nut (ie. upper most washer on the stack above wishbone) is approx 90mm

andy
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

Sorry I didn't realise that Jim wanted a front stabiliser link. The Downey link in the picture is an extended rear one from a 3" lift kit. I don't know if they make a front link and they don't make a standard length rear one but they supply +40mm and +75mm rear ones in the lift kits.

Comment

Working...
                X