yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Gen Front Wheel Drive? Temporary Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Front Wheel Drive? Temporary Only?

Well I'm parting out my old Surf, Then Engine are Gearbox are being put up for sale but will be left in the vehicle which must remain drivable, to allow new owner to easily load on trailer and for me to drive out of garden!
    My question is, this truck has a really good LSD in that the previous Owner Had Fully rebuilt with parts from Aus
    If I remove the rear Diff Centre Section, and put wheels & half shafts back in etc, can I still drive the surf around in front Wheel drive if I select the 4WD option?
    Forgive me for asking, what to some may seem like a stupid question!
    This is a 2nd Get Auto 3.0TD

How are you going to support the inner end of the rear drive shafts once diff is out, and how far are you talking of "Driving it around" ?

Comment

No Support for half Shafts...

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      How are you going to support the inner end of the rear drive shafts once diff is out, and how far are you talking of "Driving it around" ?
      Thanks for taking the time to reply, oh this is literally to just drive it out from our garden, then 30 yards down a drive to the road, where it can be loaded on a trailer by the prospective new owner! It would only be driven at waking pace.

Comment

In that case I think you should be OK

Comment

Working...
        X