Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 No cab heat

Hi all,

I've read a few posts but hoping for something more definitive with this one as they don't all cover the same points i'm looking at.

I've just purchased a tidy 1992 SSR-G 2.4 (Gen2?)

I've got no heat from the front or rear.

Things i've checked.
    • Slider control - friction on the slider seems to be ok
    • Coolant level - It's right to the top of the expansion tank

I've ran it up with the thermostat rad cap off for 30 minutes to try and bleed any air in the system but nothing seemed to come out.

Although the weather is not great the pipes and hoses from the thermostat housing leading to the heater matrix/bulkhead didn't seem that hot which suggests an air lock perhaps?
    The engine runs up to temp sitting perfectly in the middle of the gauge and the fan kicks in as normal. I'm now thinking something more expensive at play as i can't find an issue. I'm going to try and flush out the matrix at the weekend but as i don't have heat in the rear i don't hold much hope.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

check heater valve is working. not uncommon for the wire to come off.

Comment

Thank Tweak'e i will have a look when i get home tonight.
      Do you mean the 2 cables attached to the valve on the bulkhead just to clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by chr1s View Post
        [*]Coolant level - It's right to the top of the expansion tank[/LIST]Chris
        That's too full. Should only be about a third full when cold. There is level marks on back of expansion tank.

Nev.

Comment

Thanks Nev.

I haven't got round to draining any out but i am curious if the reverse is true in that too high a level will prevent the system working?

Comment

Overfull should not prevent the system working, just might get coolant spills. Front and rear heaters a not linked, so try flushing the front first at the firewall inlet and outlet.

Nev.

Comment

if someone over filled it, perhaps they where chasing a cooling issue (losing water?) and have removed the thermostat or put a really low temp one in.

i put a 88c hiflow thermostat in and don't get any decent heat in the cabin until i go up a hill.

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents, by flushing the front do you mean pushing the water through the hoses attached at the firewall back through the engine,rad system etc or just the cab side matrix for front heaters?

Comment

Working...
                X