yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil leak dripping from/through Aircon rad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak dripping from/through Aircon rad?

Hi,
    I seem to have sprung an oil leak from somewhere around the Aircon unit. I've just done a service oil/air/fuelfilter on her, so I made the obvious check around the new oil filter to see if it was seeping from there. Seems ok.

The oil is very clean and seems to be soaking the aircon rad and dripping from there onto the protection plate and cross member.
    The oil is not smelly like cat pee but it does seem to be cleaner than the new oil. (that gets dark pretty much straight away)
    Oh yeh, I used a funnel during the oil fillup so no spillage from there. The diff area is as clean as a whistle.

The oil dip stick does show it to be at max level. Could I have blow a gasket or something through over filling?
    Any Ideas guys?
    3rd Gen 96' Blue N Silver 3.0ltr TD

Have you been using the aircon?

Prety sure that it is just the condense water that drips down once you stopped and got out and that's why its on the A/C rad.

Normally leaves a puddle about 8 inhes round on the deck.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

The fluid seems to be coolant. (transparent green)
      Just had my brother inlaw take a look at it. He got a good view after getting under the wheel arch and looking through the gap between the aircon and sump. He had to taste it to confirm.

Says it's the water pump leaking. I've got to keep an eye on the water level to confirm it over the next few days.

Will come back once I've sorted it.

Cheers

Comment

Iff you need a good Mechanic to do the job Stevo (forum member) is an Engine Man he also knows the 2.4 like the back of his hand, Let me know & i'll pm his no to you. Water pump is only £25 so its worth replacing it rather than fitting new gasket etc. He is based in Stockport.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Iff you need a good Mechanic to do the job Stevo (forum member) is an Engine Man he also knows the 2.4 like the back of his hand, Let me know & i'll pm his no to you. Water pump is only £25 so its worth replacing it rather than fitting new gasket etc. He is based in Stockport.
          Cheers,
          Please forward me his details. I could do with some other stuff doing at the same time. May as well get them all done at the same time by someone who knows the surf and it's querks..

Cheers
          Bob

Comment

BOB you have a private message
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X