X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
    ..and I have the pictures
    Stop it now
    Last edited by shokenore; 24 August 2013, 23:05.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

He's a prick if he suggested it was a pollen filter, they have nothing to do with an a/c system. Also even if it had a pollen filter, you should run a/c on the recirculation mode so the pollen filter isn't used.
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

surf ac

the correct refrigerant charge for kzn130, is 650 grams of R134a, and the oil is PAG46. the AC has a temperature sensor on the Evaporator as well as the TEV to control the temperature and this controls an electronic valve which controls the amount of refrigerant entering the Evaporator, this can cause problems if not working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by peterjohn View Post
          the correct refrigerant charge for kzn130, is 650 grams of R134a, and the oil is PAG46. the AC has a temperature sensor on the Evaporator as well as the TEV to control the temperature and this controls an electronic valve which controls the amount of refrigerant entering the Evaporator, this can cause problems if not working properly.
          I was under the impression that the change to R134a was at the 3rd gen model?

Can you describe the TEV and the electronic valve in greater detail please?
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hi, the change from R12 to R134a was in 94, most 2.4's are R12 an 3.0s R134a, im trying to find the pic files I have to show the AC pcb and electrics on the Evaporator.
            Last edited by peterjohn; 26 August 2013, 16:13.

Comment

That will make interesting reading.
              I wonder if the evaporator from the KZN will physically in the dash of a LN ?
              Having better control over the aircon will be a definite bonus.

I am mulling over an absorption unit to do away with the compressor and all the inherent leak sites.
              It will obviously not be as efficient as a compression cycle unit but I think the advantages will outweigh any of the disadvantages.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                I am mulling over an absorption unit to do away with the compressor and all the inherent leak sites.
                It will obviously not be as efficient as a compression cycle unit but I think the advantages will outweigh any of the disadvantages.
                I think you,re just showing off your knowledge of refrigeration systems.
                Сви можемо

Comment

Just updating my comments...I was looking at the air con unit, working out what I can remove, and all the crap that comes with it etc. May as well if it's not working...thinking/presuming it would be the old system.

Then I noticed a sticker.

Mine runs on R134a So I could have gotten it regassed in the heat wave

Now it's cold outside and no point.

Thinking I might leave the aircon system in, then. It was horrible, in the summer, for the kids.

Comment

RS24 is the direct replacement for R12.
                    Only the 2.4 had R12 all 3.0 have R134A
                    From memory
                    2nd gen 700g +/-50g
                    3rd gen 650g +/-50g
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Working...
                    X