Bleeding Brakes In Halifax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Brakes In Halifax

Hi I've just fitted a new master cylinder and gone through 2l of brake fluid and I still have air! Is anyone able to assist in hAlifax, I will reward with many cups of tea!

Air getting in around the bleed nipple threads....
    There was a similar thread on here a while ago.
    Air can get drawn in around the threads as you bleed the caliper,try some ptfe tape around the nipple thread.

Comment

Do a search and read thru the threads on here, basically surf brakes are a bitch to bleed.
      there is a sequence to follow, and dont forget the LSV. If you cant fix it do what I did and take it somewhere who can pressure bleed it

Good luck

Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
        Hi I've just fitted a new master cylinder and gone through 2l of brake fluid and I still have air! Is anyone able to assist in hAlifax, I will reward with many cups of tea!
        I might be too late to lend a hand now as I've only just seen this thread, let me know if your still in a pickle & I might be able to bob over tomorrow night.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Brakes

Hi Si, thanks but brakes all bled & sorted now.

Bought the clear pipe with the one way valve on so I could see the air coming out and catch the brake fluid. Its a cleaner more environmentally friendly way!

Found out that when the new load sensing brake valve was fitted that the wrong pipe was connected to the wrong port.

Comment

Glad your all sorted mate.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X