yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear tailgate window: Which way round does the motor go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tailgate window: Which way round does the motor go?

Hi,

I've obtained a spare rear window mechanism and motor from my "spare" truck for breaking (see other thread) and put it in my Surf. Both of the trucks are KZN130s, but the motor was pointing in different directions. As "clockwise rotation" is clockwise whichever way up the motor is, I decided it wouldn't matter (I'm still pretty sure of this!).

However, now I've plugged it in, the operation of the centre console rear window switch is reversed: i.e. you press "up" on the button and the window goes down and vice-versa. While this is obviously terrifically amusing, I'd like to rectify it. I suppose it's possible my switch was reversed before I got it, which would mean I'd need to swap the wires over in the centre console (easy enough).

So, which way is correct? Which way does your rear window travel when you e.g. turn the key in the tailgate clockwise as you look at the back of the Surf?

I'd like to put this back to original specification, as I quite fancy the idea of the additional internal window switch shown on the Hilux Surfing site. Plus pressing "up" to move the window down bugs me. :-)

Cut the 2 wires on the motor and swap them round, or fit a correct motor from one of the the passenger side windows of your spares truck. (you seem to have a drivers side motor fitted to your rear window mech.)

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      Cut the 2 wires on the motor and swap them round, or fit a correct motor from one of the the passenger side windows of your spares truck. (you seem to have a drivers side motor fitted to your rear window mech.)
      Yep, I did consider doing that, probably using reversible connectors so it can be swapped in future. Thanks for the prod.

Comment

Originally posted by davis View Post
        Yep, I did consider doing that, probably using reversible connectors so it can be swapped in future. Thanks for the prod.
        Did this this morning. Worked perfectly. Should be able to use any motor now. Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X