Gear box problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box problems

Has anyone any idea's why I can't get my gearbox into low range? I’ve got a 2.4 auto and although it had a large suspension lift (see on members rigs) I see no reason why I can't get it into low range. 4 wheel drives engages o.k. but when I’m putting it in low range I can't get the gear stick past neutral without it crunching gears.

Originally posted by PBRADY
    Has anyone any idea's why I can't get my gearbox into low range? I’ve got a 2.4 auto and although it had a large suspension lift (see on members rigs) I see no reason why I can't get it into low range. 4 wheel drives engages o.k. but when I’m putting it in low range I can't get the gear stick past neutral without it crunching gears.
    You are only moving it with the motor stationary aren't you. The transfer box does not have synchro hubs and the vehicle cannot be moving. If you have an Auto it must also be in Neutral (Not Park).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      You are only moving it with the motor stationary aren't you. The transfer box does not have synchro hubs and the vehicle cannot be moving. If you have an Auto it must also be in Neutral (Not Park).

Cheers
      I also believe that due to the lift the lever is fouling some where and not allowing its full travel to allow you to select it.
      I think the stick has to be altered with a slight offset/extension to allow operation once somethings been lifted over a certain amount, TonyN should be able to confirm this more.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Thanks for your replies. i'll have a look into your sugestions

Comment

Working...
        X