Dash Warning Lights suddenly not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Warning Lights suddenly not working

Hi to all on the Hilux Surf Forum.. I have had my LN130 1993 2.4 Turbo Diesel for over four years with the usual niggles, the odd sheared crank pully wheel and every time a problem has appeared, I have been able to find answers to the problems on this site, or on links from members' posting - fantastic resource guys.
    Having had the "All Dash Warning Lights" event, when the pulley wheel came off the front of the shaft, I am well aware that the key cayse was of course the Alternator failure as the belt stopped turning it... all fixed 2 years ago and since absolutely fine until last week. All lights on again when starting up, rev up they went off, idle, they're back on... toped up the A/T fluid as it turned out to be pretty low, but no change - all lights still on, but off when press "Idle up".. It's a long story to today, but AFTER disconnecting both batteries to clear all fault codes, then reconnecting, measuring voltages until I was blue in the face, I suddenly had NO WARNING LIGHTS at all, except Glow Plugs and Handbrake.
    Eventually my local Toyota main dealer (who have proved to be very helpful in the past and not at all "snobbish" about this being an import), have checked the Alternator and instead it's two dead batteries (they were old) .
    BUT... I still have no dash warning lights or buzzer.!.. and they can't find the problem either!
    It seeme that this exact problem was posted by “GanGrene” on 10th September 2009 (but seems without resolution?) and I have checked all fuses twice, so is there a relay somewhere that I have overlooked... I don't really want to drive around in the snow without being told of a developing vehicle problem!
    I hope you'll all be gentle with me as this is my first post!
Working...
X