Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too old to be doing repairs and too poor not to

Hi All!
    I got my first surf! I changed all fluids,(engine, gearbox, transfer, diffs F&R, water/antifreeze, new belts, filters oil, air, and diesel as a 2.4. now im having a break as I cant get it started again lol! I think as Just did the diesel filter and turned the engine over before I primed the system I have an air lock :-(
    I will look at threads on how to get rid unless you have any good ideas :-)
    It is an original condition H plate Immaculate one with 80k on it. I was lucky to get it as it was a 1 owner in this country from import and no longer needs it.
    Some one has nicked the plastic extension wheel arches!
    It only has 1 battery ...a good one at that but I would like to put 2 due to the power starts these need, where does the second one go?
    to sum up: how to remove diesel air lock and primer button not doing it, and where does the second battery go please, many thanks if you reply to help a newbie
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

get someone to turn it over and undo each injector in turn until you get diesel from them.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hello.
      As far as I know, H reg Surfs never had arch extensions fitted.

With the dual battery set-up, a battery goes behind each headlight.
      You'll need to run a heavy duty cable across to the other battery and link the two positive terminals together. Both earth terminals bolt to the inner wings.

Comment

i have all the parts required for fitment of the second battery. if your interested let me know sbd16v (at) hotmail (dot) com

Comment

Thanks for that, I will look for auction arches and how much second battery is.
          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
            get someone to turn it over and undo each injector in turn until you get diesel from them.
            Thanks for that, got it going at last! I have read many of your threads over past few days, nice to get a reply in person
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

My H reg didn't have arches but I retro fitted them.

Are you on the original steel wheels? If so then if you fit arches you'll want to change the wheels (well I did) because the offset keeps them really close to the chassis and the arches look like they are sticking our really far.

I fitted Pajero wheels (which have a wider offset than the standard surf ones) which fill the arches nicely!

Cheers,

Ray.
              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
              X