No announcement yet.

Leaking like a sieve! - parts and advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds as if the plastic belt that pulls the sunroof has worn on the last part.Its not often they do go but they are a pain when they do
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
      Ive read that there should be a small wind deflector? Isnt one on here by the looks of things. Would this effect the leak issues?

the roof lining is a bit minging so have removed it to try and make the repair easier.
      Yeah, your little pop up metal one is missing, but not sure how much it would effect seal, it just sits at the front under the glass when shut. But it proves someone's been messing with it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        It sounds as if the plastic belt that pulls the sunroof has worn on the last part.Its not often they do go but they are a pain when they do
        Bugger...

Any chance these are serviceable parts? Push comes to shove now that the roof lining is out if needs be would be a good time to drop the whole unit out and strip and repair it.

Tony - I thought that as well didnt seem to make sense to be playing about with it and removing stuff...... but someone has!

Comment

You can't do anything when these plastic runners go apart from either get new ones or a complete replacement sunroof.
          As you got the roof lining out see if you can pull the sunroof fully shut.If you can shut it properly and you don't really use it then just make sure its not leaking and leave as is

Comment

Im guessing Toyota part only then?

If you had a complete unit Stormforce how much would you want for it? I visit Cornwall a few times a year so can collect - realise delivery would be a pain and probably expensive.

Comment

i will sell a complete unit for £45 plus delivery unless a surf train can be sorted to get it to you free

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                i will sell a complete unit for £45 plus delivery unless a surf train can be sorted to get it to you free
                Blimey - £45! Thats better than I thought it would be

How much does delivery cost at guess? I might not be down until May but could give me an excuse to come down earlier.

Im putting together a wee list of little bits and bobs that I need so if delivery not too bad can chuck it all in together.

Comment

The saga continues - took the sunroof unit out to reseal it all and found a stack load of RUST

Good job I took the whole unit out as it was hiding away round the whole edge of the opening and the metalwork underneath.

Looks like someone did a bodge job originally rather than sorting it properly which always upsets me.

Have spent the whole day wire brushing and sanding ready for paint tommorrow..... Im hoping that Hammerite will rescue it now that Ive got rid of most of the rust all that is left now is some pitting and minor rust which hopefully will stay put once covered.

Why is that one seamingly small problem is always the tip of an enormous iceberg.

Comment

Painted the opening

Resealed the tray and associated seals along with any other screw holes or gaps I could find with bathroom sealant

Cleaned the drain pipes through

put it all back together.......

And found a crack in the tray just above my head which I hadnt seen before!!!!!

Have now sealed the crack and with any luck Im going to stay dry!!

Comment

Working...
                    X