Replaced rear springs & shocks "pics"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced rear springs & shocks "pics"

Well i decided to do them today seeing as im bored stiff at home & don't go back to work until wednesday.

Shocks were a bit of a pain but not too bad, hardest part was the top nut but with a large pair of grips on the sleeve to stop it from spinning i eventually got them out.

Springs were easy with the compressors & although the new springs are shorter they are thicker & once fitted the truck sits half an inch higher.

All in all a job well done, next thing is the belts & an oil change.
    Last edited by si tate; 31 December 2010, 01:08.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

nice one

i've just had mine done as well, took it to Tonyn tho

but i went for the 2" lift and its great

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
      nice one

i've just had mine done as well, took it to Tonyn tho

but i went for the 2" lift and its great
      Was thinking about the 2" lift kit myself but I only do a little green laning so I kept it standard.

Comment

si tate do you notice a big difference with the suspension change?how do the munroe compare to the old shocks?did you have the hard/soft option?
        lawsy Does the 2" lift change the handling much?

Comment

Originally posted by G1xer View Post
          si tate do you notice a big difference with the suspension change?how do the munroe compare to the old shocks?did you have the hard/soft option?
          at the moment i cant honestly say, i too went for the monroe shocks, we fitted the rears, with the springs which not only lifted 2" but also sorted the saggy ass that it had.

but as i was planning to do about a 1000kms before i can get to the tyre place to get the tracking done we havent wound up the front torsion bars yet (tonyn fitted me in on xmas eve to fit them)

hopefuly doing that as soon as i shift this flu, but on my big trip over xmas the handling is greatly improoved, no wafty body roll, feels like i'm driving something more solid rather than boat like

Comment

Big difference mate but one of the old shocks was shot. Changed the shocks first & noticed a little difference but once the springs were on I noticed a huge difference much better ride, alot firmer but not in a bad way.

Comment

Thanks for that,mine has gone very soft and lot of body roll,
              I was debating replacing with standard suspension or going for 2" lift (mine does not have hard/soft option) but i dont want to upset the road handling.
              I drove a mates lifted cruiser and it looks good but it a pig on the road.
              Also i dont want my tow hitch to get much higher as it is already on the high side
              regards g1xer

Comment

Thanks for that,mine has gone very soft and lot of body roll,
                I was debating replacing with standard suspension or going for 2" lift (mine does not have hard/soft option) but i dont want to upset the road handling.
                I drove a mates lifted cruiser and it looks good but it a pig on the road.
                Also i dont want my tow hitch to get much higher as it is already on the high side
                regards g1xer
                I tow aswell mate so I didn't want to upset my tow bar, not towed with the new set up yet but it feels like it will tow alot better with less body roll & sag.
                Last edited by si tate; 1 January 2011, 01:46.

Comment

Zero, my shocks were replaced years ago and this link is also quite old, but may provide the information you need, albeit without pictures:
                  http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...c.php?p=187416

Comment

Working...
                  X