yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermitent grinding on front axel.. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermitent grinding on front axel.. help!

Hi folks,

Wonder if any of you might be able to help with this..

Ive been hearing a grinding noise from the front left axel. Initially I thought it was the wheel bearing but investigation has proven it to be fine..

I have taken the disk and wheel hub off and found that turning the stub axel as it sits causes the grinding sound but if I take the weight of the stub axel and then turn it the grinding doesnt happen....

I´ve never taken the apart more than the disk, wheel hub etc so not sure what I will find or what the problem might be...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

also.... its a 1996 kzn 130 (IFS)
    Last edited by lambchop1; 6 December 2010, 19:08.

Comment

Inner bronze bush, maybe?

Comment

well... checked the bush.. seemed to be fine too.. gave the axel etc a good clean and grease and put it back together... seems to be fine now - touch wood.

Comment

doesit grind or click? is it worse going round corners? could be the cvjoint
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi. did you ever find the cause of this please as i'm having the exact same problem.. extremely loud, intermittent grinding noise - so much so it makes people on the street stop what they're doing to look. Really driving me mad now.

the grinding behaves the same way, regardless of steering, accelerating etc...
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Thought you'd sold up as gone a little quiet on the forum!
              Was looking at those Stanage edge vids the other day. Boy was your truck close to the edge!
              Can't help with the grinding though. Buy yourself a D4D and get a whole heap of different problems....
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Bronze Bushes are the most likely issue, followed by a knackered CV joint

Comment

Wolfracer no man not sold up just haven't been on in ages. Busy ya know.. Cracking day that we had up Stanage eh?! I bought the bronze bushes, waiting for him to fit em now.. Hope it's that!
                  www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X