Help Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Urgent

My, 93 2.4 Surf (LN120) has just lost it's speedo and odometer, the Overdrive Light has also started to flash. What can I do to fix this and is it still Ok to drive. Please can some one help

Check the transmission fluid.It is probably very low or needs replacing.Try these first and see how it is
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If topping up the fluid does not work it will probably be a faulty speed sensor (On Gearbox) OR possibly the kph to mph converter chip (behind dash) that has failed. I had this problem a few months ago & it turned out to be the converter chip (available on Ebay). Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by scubaman View Post
        My, 93 2.4 Surf (LN120) has just lost it's speedo and odometer, the Overdrive Light has also started to flash. What can I do to fix this and is it still Ok to drive. Please can some one help
        Hello, I'm Albannach (Andy). It's nice of you to introduce yourself before barging in with an 'Urgent' help request, it was most poilite.

My guess is that it's the speed sensor, or the speedo head; mine was a burned out track on the speedo PCB.
        Last edited by Albannach; 22 October 2010, 20:42. Reason: Sarcasm added, then removed, then edited again and finally removed.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

...and to answer your question, yes, its fine to drive it.

Hello Albannach, I'm Apache
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X