Help new user!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help new user!

My Dad has given me his old 2.4 Surf as a run-around - nice BUT at the back end not much works!

1) Rear windscreen wiper & wash

2) Rear window will not go up or down

3) Because of (2) cannot open rear tailgate

Can anyone help? 1 out of 3 would be a start!

Is it just the rear wiper doesnt work or missing, if its missing or not seated correctly this will prevent the rear window from opening.
    Make sure window lock button is not depressed
    By removing the inner cover on the tail gate and undoing the metal plate under that you can get access to the moter etc to check for voltage etc
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I had the same problem when i got my surf, the rear window would not go up or down, when i tried open it with the key, the motor spun but the window didnt move, after taking the panels off to find the motor i found that the plastic gear wheel inside the motor had stripped, finding a new motor is pretty easy as theres always some on ebay or on this forum, also changing the motor is very easy as only 3x 8mm bolts hold it on and aslong as your window is fully extended you can get access to the bolts easy enough.

This is assuming your motor is spinning when you try with the key

Comment

Thanks people - have taken rear covers off and can see/hear motor spinning but isn't obvious how to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by bradders View Post
          Thanks people - have taken rear covers off and can see/hear motor spinning but isn't obvious how to remove?
          There are 3 8mm headed bolts holding the motor to the mechanism.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cool will remove and see if I can get a replacement motor. Thanks

Comment

Most left hand (rear, as they see less use) door window motor from a similar aged toyota will fit.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Where are you based bradders ?

I just swapped me rear passenger door motor for me rear window one.
                Don't take long, just don't break the glass and make sure you grease your runners.
                Oh and keep fingers away from the mechanism when removing the motor cus the spring will act against it and fling the arms round at you......
                Best clamp in a vice to stop this happening.
                Last edited by Koi; 8 September 2010, 01:06.
                Remember arrows are silent.....................
                Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                X