2.4 td

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 td

Hello and i'm a newbie who has just bought a stunning Hilux Surf 2.4TD. Now i guess it's what you have all heard before so here i go.
    My Hilux is in such perfect condition apart from overheating. My friend was the last owner who changed the head with a modified one, changed thermostat, radiator, radiator cap, and water pump but still overheats. Same story as most, froth when it overheats, hard pipe going to thermostat and header tank constantly filling. My mate stated than when he had the work done nothing changed afterwards. Could it be a problem with the heater matrix as one pipe going into the bulkhead is hot whilst the other is cold?. Would appreciate some help......Thankyou

hi just a quick thought have u tried by passing the heater matrix by joining the to matrix pipes together ?????? see what it does then, hope this helps

Comment

Crack in the bore??
      If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Head not torqued up correctly, no new stretch bolts used when fitting, maybe didnt use the thicker head gasket, didnt clean out the head bolt holes.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

The heater should not make any difference even if the matrix is blocked. If you look at the cooling system closely the heater section is just a bypass. If it did make a difference then they would all overheat when the heater was turned off.

Sounds like dodgy replacement head work was done and problems created because of it. If you are getting combustion pressure in the cooling system then it's off with the head.......... again.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. The last owner thinks the block has cracked but i'm not sure. There is no water in the oil or oil in the water, would a cracked block cause the same symptoms?. Have hust bought an engine off e-bay...1990 2.4lt with no overheating problems and hope this fits my 1993. Would rather fix mine and keep the other as a spare as my engine runs really smooth before the overheating.....

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
              Have hust bought an engine off e-bay...1990 2.4lt with no overheating problems and hope this fits my 1993.
              Depends which 2L-T you bought. There's two different engines. You need the one with EFI on the turbo crossover pipe.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                Depends which 2L-T you bought. There's two different engines. You need the one with EFI on the turbo crossover pipe.

Nev
                thanks Nev, will have to check it out, although he said it will fit mine....

Comment

thanks Nev, will have to check it out, although he said it will fit mine....
                  I may have jumped the gun here and assumed you had a 2L-TE. Post details of your vehicle.

Nev

Comment

Yeah a 93 will be the 2LT-E engine however I would of thought a 1990 would be the 2LT. Both Engines fit but Electrics are different as the engine in yours has electronic fuel injection.

It does sound like a cracked block.
                    If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Hi again and will check the full details of my engine and post it in the morning. Thanks again guys......

Comment

If you need the 2lte block let me know as i have a good running one here that i have to take the head off for someone as a replacement.£190 inc next day pallet delivery
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hope this fits my 1993.
                          Thought I saw that somewhere. Yeah a '93 should be a 2L-TE if it has the original engine.

Nev

Comment

Engine Block

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            If you need the 2lte block let me know as i have a good running one here that i have to take the head off for someone as a replacement.£190 inc next day pallet delivery
                            I'm really interested in the block, i have sent a message to you with my mobile number.....Cheers.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help and am going to change the block and make sure the head is fitted with the stretch bolts and thicker gasket. Tried all the sugestions but still the same....

Comment

Working...
                              X