Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys.
    Yeh Andy, I was using the rubber pipe and pump method.
    I'll try and bleed the MC and then use the method you describe, perhaps you could pop round at the weekend and see?
    Aye, Saturday PM or Sunday PM. I'll be busy tomorrow, Lex is going in for its MOT on Saturday.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Let me know how you get as I have a Surf with the same problem.

Thanks
      If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

whenever suits big man, I'll get more brake fluid on yer card, speak soon.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I've always used the finger bleed method (No Fcuking Pipes) build up pressure n release (lock up nipple) with the engine Running so Servo's operating under normal braking condition....
          Good Luck Alan

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well the truck has been laid up due to other problems and it's all getting sorted out today and tomorrow, so I'll be doing the brakes again, I got one of these to make sure no air is present, looks a handy tool, anyone got any experience of them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-71205.../dp/B001FCLZLK
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i used a very similar one on my old 2nd gen and it worked great.Certainly gets the air out and great for doing a fluid change at the same time
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Master Cylinder

If my master cylinder ran dry could it still have air in despite been bled many times, new brakes, discs, calipers, pipes & bled through all cylinders callipers & load valve.

My brakes are still not 100% but I'm convinced its air or a master cylinder fault. There are no visible leaks.

Anyone near Halifax any good at pressure bleeding?

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Right, my new caliper is fitted and combined with fitting both rear halfshafts I lost a lot of brake fluid.

I bled the brakes in this order, no leaks in the system were detected.
                  I adjusted handbrake prior to bleeding and it works fine.
                  New pads fitted in fronts.

Rear LSV bleed nipple, took a long time to get all the air out, then n/s rear brake cylinder followed by o/s brake cylinder.

Then n/s front caliper (the new one) and then the o/s caliper.

The brakes pedal with engine off was rock hard and not sinking.

Turn engine on and brake pedal got easier to push due to servo assistance but continued to sink towards floor.

Bled whole system again, same result but this time pedal never reached the floor with engine running but still a lot of pedal travel, pumping the pedal gave less travel but the brake light on dash illuminated and the brake feel went very hard but less effective braking, another lighter press of pedal and the light went off but pedal sank.

I have brakes but just not good ones and the pedal will sink if you keep pressure on it.
                  No leaks and fluid level is not dropping.

Has the master cylinder had it?

If so, can Rich or any of the breakers help me out?
                  ...brake light on the dash can be eliminated by disconnecting the wire on the master cylinder. even the hand brake was fully disengage the dash lit still appear. when it comes to bleeding the brake system...i suggest that you ask someone who will press the brake pedal with the running engine.
                  the master cylinder is repairable by using the master repair kit which is available here in the Philippines. The brake master cylinder is the problem why your brake failed and better replaced or repair it.

Comment

Working...
                  X