EGR gubbins..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR gubbins..

Ok, so I know the theory..but whats the score with it on the 3.0l.? After the last P&P day at Bala, a day or so later, I noticed the engine note had changed. I'd developed a sound akin to running without an air filter, like a dry intake kinda noise (best way i can describe it).

I checked all the hoses, exhaust pipe etc, then noticed oil which looks like its leaking from a diaphragm which I assume is part of the EGR system. I pulled the intake off and there was a bit of 'goo' floating around, does look like the seam on the diaphragm.

One of the 2 connectors (I'm guessing there actuators for the diaphragms?) was pretty sodden

What are the symptom of the valve being stuck open/closed & if I decide to rip it all out, does anything need altering on the electrics side with it being EFI..??

There shouldn't be any oil in diaphram, its just a vacuum operated lever, thats the Shut Down Flap actuator anyway, the EGR one is lower down.

It could be oil in the intake, leaking from that gasket you can see, and its spraying out over those bits. That would sound wierd if intake was leaking.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Wish I knew enough to help out mate, always there to pass the spanners and make the tea though

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Took the EGR off today, what a PITA. Struggled getting the exhaust side of the pipe off, well the bottom nut. Eventually I pulled the pulley for the handbrake out of the way (had to make some slack by undoing the brackets underneath) to give another 10* of rotation with the spanner..blag

The noise is still there, sounds similar to a dry bearing..checked everything but the T'belt tensioner. Cleaned the oil off as well, so I'll keep an eye on that. Also took all the vac pipes off, just done a bit more research on the shut-off valve will plumb that back in tomoz..although I didnt experience any oddness in the brief testdrive, or in turning off (thanks to Nev for the diagram too )

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
          Wish I knew enough to help out mate, always there to pass the spanners and make the tea though

peace
          cal
          gave you a tinkle dude, guess you must of been working.? Gonna take the truck for a good run down to mid wales over the wkend..take some pics if you get out

Comment

Working...
          X