Broken surf :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken surf :(

Hi there, we have had our surf for 7 years now and it's now finally gone wrong.
    The engine turns over but doesn't fire up. Fuel pump has been tested, we have now been told that it might be the ECU. Can anyone help?
    Cheers

Hi, It would help us to help you if you filled in a few more details on what surf you have.

Is there fuel getting to the injectors?
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Karen was it you that rang me the other day about the truck
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yes it was me that rang.
        It's a KZN 130 Lreg 1994 (i think)
        it needs a 89661-3D100 ECU

1KZ-TEA-T

Think thats all it;s info. I want it back. Have been downgraded to farm Isuzu Trooper and it's pants!!

Comment

was everything else checked when we chatted before.I will see if i can source a ecu for you anyway

Comment

Spoke to the mechanic on Friday and he said they had tried everything but there was very little voltage coming out of the ECU which is fairly bad?
            Thanks would be very greatful if you could help us find one.

Comment

If there is anyone around your area with a 2nd gen 3.0l reading this then is there a chance that you could lend Karen your ecu just to make sure its the ecu thats knackered before she has to buy a replacement.It should only be for about half hour max just to fit and fire the truck up and make sure it runs ok

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                If there is anyone around your area with a 2nd gen 3.0l reading this then is there a chance that you could lend Karen your ecu just to make sure its the ecu thats knackered before she has to buy a replacement.It should only be for about half hour max just to fit and fire the truck up and make sure it runs ok
                I'll see if I can sort summat out Rich, but probs not until weekafter next as not home this coming week.

Comment

Testing pump

Hi buddy, I'm having a similair problem to you with my surf. Can you tell me how you tested your fuel pump. I think I'm looking at a fubarred pump but before I spend out big I'd like to test it.

Cheers.

Comment

Not sure how they tested the fuel pump but know it was taken off and sent somewhere and came back as in fully working order.
                    Sorry I'm not a mechanic just his messenger!!!
                    Hope you get to the bottom of your problem as I know how frustrating it is!

Comment

Originally posted by langtounboy View Post
                      Hi buddy, I'm having a similair problem to you with my surf. Can you tell me how you tested your fuel pump. I think I'm looking at a fubarred pump but before I spend out big I'd like to test it.

Cheers.

Undo an injector pipe and see if its getting deisel to the injector, if not you know you have issues with the pump or ECU, there is lots you can check with it in car, but make sure of the obvious stuff first.

3.0's with a duff head gasket often won't start, due to lack of compression.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        Undo an injector pipe and see if its getting deisel to the injector, if not you know you have issues with the pump or ECU, there is lots you can check with it in car, but make sure of the obvious stuff first.

3.0's with a duff head gasket often won't start, due to lack of compression.
                        i had this on one of the breakers i had.When the head was taken off the gasket was blown between no's 1 and 2.

Comment

Where you at ? i am in tewkesbury and run a kzn130
                          will happily try your ecu on my truck to see if that is the problem.
                          Only take 10 mins to unplug and unbolt then plug into mine.
                          I have already had mine repaired by the ecu doctor.
                          Could be the same problem a few others have had where the 5v regulators go kaput.....
                          Remember arrows are silent.....................
                          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Hi there, the surf is at Gotherington Cross Garage at the moment but thats way too much trouble for you.
                            Last edited by spottydog; 1 March 2010, 12:45.

Comment

Pass it every day on way to work in cheltenham.
                              If you get them to take yours out i can pop in and plug it in to mine
                              on the way home.
                              Its only a plastic panel in the foot well and only 3 connectors and 3 10mm bolts.
                              Its upto you......
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X