Why is my steering not straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Even though Rich has sorted out the OP now, this is how we did mine last time which accounts for different length adjuster tubes.

Before you take your old ones off, measure between the bolt centres of the TREs, then assemble your new one on the bench, adjusting til approx the same length. Then you can remove the old one and replace with the new one without jacking up / removing wheels or anything.

Once you've done both sides you can run the truck back and forth 10 yards or so, and use the 'measure between the front and rear edges of the wheel rims' method to roughly align before driving to the alignment place for fine tuning.

As I think I stated before the yap lost it, it IS technically easy, and well within the capability of a confident and careful DIYer, but there are people I know who I'd recommend they took it to a garage to have it done!

(I know someone who hung a door upside down )
    In my defence, it was after a particularly heavy night on the smirnoff silver label!! and i took it off and did it right the next day!!

ooooh hang on a minute, Andy didn't know me then!

I deny all knowledge of said door!
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Hokkaido View Post
      Ah...
      The other four pages.....are gone? I guess some admin thinks he is GOD? Is that the way things work in the UK?
      And your a d ick, go have a burger and a beer and leave our admin gods alone
      Brian

Comment

Working...
      X