need a little 2.4 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little 2.4 help

Actually, i need alot of 2.4 help!Bought a 2.4 the other day, 1990 and have found a few things wrong that i'd like help with if any can!I'm a total beginner with hilux's, and havent had a 4WD before.
    1.How easy is the tailgate lock to get to?Cos its jammed.
    2.Turbo light doesnt come on when im driving, but it works when i switch on the ignition...does this mean theres something wrong with my turbo and its not working?
    3.Not sure its engaging into 4WD. When i switch it into 4WD no light comes on but i can hear a clicking noise, almost as if something is trying to engage but isnt. However when i put it into High4WD it engages, the noise stops, but still no light....
    4.Also the steering wheel doesnt line up straight with the wheels...do i just take it off and realign it, or is this tracking related?
    Thanks alot, hope you can help!

Hi, tailgate lock- jammed down i pressume- could be that window is not going down all the way?
    Turbo light not on means no turbo- chances are the vacuum pipe has come off. Go under the bonnet and on the top right as you are looking at it you may see a small black pipe has blown off the throttle body- push it back on a hopefully your truck will be twice as fast and the light will come on at 2000 revs.
    Steering is worth getting tracking done if it pulls to one side- if not adjust track rods evenly until steering wheel is aligned, not by moving wheel. But first check tyre pressures.
    Hope this helps.
    Charlie

Comment

4wd

dont run a surf on the road in 4wd - you'll kill the transmission. To test if it works, get on a muddy field and have a play.
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

I took the tailgate panel off, because you're right, the window doesnt go down all the way, but i cant see how i can get it to go down all the way, and i still cant get the lock to work!Couldn't find any vaccuum pipes that have slipped off, and still no turbo light. however, when its warmed up, it idles at 1200rpm, and i cant get it to drop below that. could it be that air is getting in somewhere?Any ideas?!

Comment

Remove the rear window motor to allow the window to drop all the way (3 bolts, 8 or 10mm iirc)

Rob.

Comment

Working...
          X