New Rubber Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roylittle0
    At the moment i have ALKEN-PV LANDAIR/AT TRACTION on the front and YOKOHAMA SUPER DIGGER 815B on the back all with good tread on them and the pressure is good in them, but still not to hot around corners

Were the rear tyres on it when you got it? The old Jap tyres never do well over here.

I personally dont like Falken's had a set on my old truck an the handling was a million times worse then before!!

the BFG at is a good tyre, Ive got BFG at's on at the moment an havent had any real problems with them. In the wet they are a bit crazy but that will be true of most at tyres an worse on a mud terrian (probably )

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Were the rear tyres on it when you got it? The old Jap tyres never do well over here.

I personally dont like Falken's had a set on my old truck an the handling was a million times worse then before!!
      Only had the car around 6 months and by the look of it the tyres have a good 5mm of tread so i would say they were fitted over hear.

Then again it does say made in Japan so you never know
      Last edited by roylittle0; 31 December 2007, 17:29.
      Roy
      When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        I have BFG Long Trails on mine, as I drive it almost exclusively on road. They are very grippy and excellent in the wet. If you're having cornering issues, I would check the shocks first. I had three go on mine and it loved losing the back end at random intervals.
        Hmmmm shocks or dampers should i say was my next thing to look at as i have noticed she does seem to bounce around the odd corner if i hit a bump or pot hole, may be that could be an indication of the shock condition???

Do you need to fit a particular type to make use of the soft/hard suspension?
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0
          Hmmmm shocks or dampers should i say was my next thing to look at as i have noticed she does seem to bounce around the odd corner if i hit a bump or pot hole, may be that could be an indication of the shock condition???

Do you need to fit a particular type to make use of the soft/hard suspension?
          That would very much be an indication of shock condition. If you've still got the original adjustable shocks on there, they are probably past it.

You can get adjustable ones from Toyota. Most change them for Procomp ES3000s (soft) or 9000s (hard) and do away with the switch.

Comment

Working...
          X