Strange noise on pulling away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise on pulling away

here is a little strange one for you guys...

on pulling away, gently, or reasonably briskly... usually in a straight line... i get what feels/sounds like I am running over small pebbles. This happens almost every time I pull away, unless i am very generous with the loud pedal. is it something starting to go? bearings? Is it something out of adjustment? I have had a good rummage about, and nothing is loose, tyres are in good condition, pressures are close enough... no major movement ...

Any other suggestions...

Originally posted by AndyLala
    here is a little strange one for you guys...

on pulling away, gently, or reasonably briskly... usually in a straight line... i get what feels/sounds like I am running over small pebbles. This happens almost every time I pull away, unless i am very generous with the loud pedal. is it something starting to go? bearings? Is it something out of adjustment? I have had a good rummage about, and nothing is loose, tyres are in good condition, pressures are close enough... no major movement ...

Any other suggestions...
    Have you checked the oil in the rear diff & the transfer box? also check there is no play in the UJ's by grabbing the opposite sides of the join and trying to twist, also check the rear prop slider the same way.

Have they been greased recently as well?
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Checked all that... all fluids replaced, and all the bits greased...

any other ideas...?

Comment

Working...
      X