yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front hubs, bearings & brakes..HELP please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done some research on the front hub seal and come up with these dimensions. ID 66 mm X OD 85 mm X Width 8/10. The 8/10 refers to the step in the OD. Pic below will explain.

Nev
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RoughTrax
      Hi, thought I would just post a quick link regarding the seals as I always do try to stay loyal to my customers! the seal issue was only sorted last Friday, and not weeks ago as discussed, however, that's not the issue, the main issue is that we now know the seal to be of larger internal 65mm diameter to the one you may have been sent (62mm), our product has now been updated on all models and this should not arise again. I do apologize to Shaggy and Tony for the incorrect seals supplied and the inconvenience caused, I can either credit Shaggy for the 2 seals to your card, or hold that credit on your account or supply the correct ones, simply advise me by email or phone Shaggy!!.

Cheers to all
      Barry
      RoughTrax.
      i have not called you barry because i have not had time and to be honest didnt think it was that urgent! if it had of been i would have called you at dinnertime yesterday knowing i would probably have them by this morning
      the second bearing was fitted today along with the old seal
      the mechanic said they are still good so i dont have an issue
      as for the credit for the seals ill worry about that the next time i order from you (£30 per seal wern't they lol) and will send the seals back when i get 5 mins

ive not had anything but help & excellent service from you barry and in return i spend money with your company and although others may be cheeper i use you because i believe your products are of good quality and i dont believe anyone else can offer the level of service you offer.
      i judge people by how they sort their mistakes and have to say that this is the first one we have had.
      like i say if it was a major problem i would have called
      im happy to see you posting an answer to a problem most would have just ignored it

thats my 2p worth
      at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Originally posted by RoughTrax
        Hi, thought I would just post a quick link regarding the seals as I always do try to stay loyal to my customers! the seal issue was only sorted last Friday, and not weeks ago as discussed, however, that's not the issue, the main issue is that we now know the seal to be of larger internal 65mm diameter to the one you may have been sent (62mm), our product has now been updated on all models and this should not arise again. I do apologize to Shaggy and Tony for the incorrect seals supplied and the inconvenience caused, I can either credit Shaggy for the 2 seals to your card, or hold that credit on your account or supply the correct ones, simply advise me by email or phone Shaggy!!.

With regards to Tony's front hub bush, I do only supply the genuine machined hub bush so would presume that had been machined to the highest possible standard...it may well have been distorted in transport?? However, another free bush was supplied and hopefully all is well. The caliper pins I am currently in discussion and hopefully that too will be sorted either way.

I would just like to assure Forum members that we do try to look after all our customers, both new and old as our reputation depends upon this, I also try to bring the best possible products, service and advise available to my customers.
        It is inevitable in this industry that problems will arise; I feel it's the way a company deals with those problems that show's loyalty to their customers, which is why I am posting this reply.
        Hope this shed's a little light on the issues mentioned.

Also on a lighter note, we should have Cargo liners in by the 2nd week of September.....at long last!!!

Cheers to all
        Barry
        RoughTrax.
        Following a chat with Barry this a.m. an update;
        I have investigated the fit problems on the calliper - now resolved, I found that the pin hole was not well drilled and that was causing the pin fit problem a quick pass through with a drill bit and a bit of emery on the pin cured that, and thank you for the advice Barry yes it is possible to fit brake pads the wrong way round one pair of mine were - out of interest and a note to all, they do go in and the pins fit either way!! the correct way is the pairs are handed but are stamped left and right (that is sitting in the motor facing front) and the pad with the two s$$$$er/wear indicators go on the inboard side of the disk, yes I made a boo-boo, probably gave Barry a bit of a hard time and if so SORRY.
        Yes there have been problems but he has sorted them out, delivery has allways been next day and I have never been short delivered anything.
        Prices do vary but as they say, you pay you choose.
        After dealing with others, main dealers included I guess he takes a bit of beating but like all of us is not infallable. I guess the trouble is when we expect things to go as planned and they don't or you find something unexpected broken, then a molehill becomes a very big mountain.
        Thanks for your service, patience and long may you continue, my apologies for being a 'Meldrew' at least I know it and admit it when wrong.....shuffles off....head hung low......
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
          So, Roughtrax bits dont fit properly and the boss aint that bothered! Milners here we come.
          You get this from one post on a forum?

We'll await your future moanings on some of Milners budget parts.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sounds like its all sorted, got your message this morning mate, been away since thursday night.

Good post last post, nice to see someone being honest about being wrong this day and age.

I've spoken to Barry this morning about this post, I've fitted many of all the parts mentioned, if you wanted to be picky the brake hose retaining clips ARE a tight fit on the braided hoses, but I've just filed the clips out a little to make the hole wider, popped them on and not thought to much about it. Guess I don't complain enough!

You can't often individually check every part you send out, all you can do make things right as things crop up.

Originally posted by fatfires
            Following a chat with Barry this a.m. an update;
            I have investigated the fit problems on the calliper - now resolved, I found that the pin hole was not well drilled and that was causing the pin fit problem a quick pass through with a drill bit and a bit of emery on the pin cured that, and thank you for the advice Barry yes it is possible to fit brake pads the wrong way round one pair of mine were - out of interest and a note to all, they do go in and the pins fit either way!! the correct way is the pairs are handed but are stamped left and right (that is sitting in the motor facing front) and the pad with the two s$$$$er/wear indicators go on the inboard side of the disk, yes I made a boo-boo, probably gave Barry a bit of a hard time and if so SORRY.
            Yes there have been problems but he has sorted them out, delivery has allways been next day and I have never been short delivered anything.
            Prices do vary but as they say, you pay you choose.
            After dealing with others, main dealers included I guess he takes a bit of beating but like all of us is not infallable. I guess the trouble is when we expect things to go as planned and they don't or you find something unexpected broken, then a molehill becomes a very big mountain.
            Thanks for your service, patience and long may you continue, my apologies for being a 'Meldrew' at least I know it and admit it when wrong.....shuffles off....head hung low......
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              if you wanted to be picky the brake hose retaining clips ARE a tight fit on the braided hoses, but I've just filed the clips out a little to make the hole wider, popped them on and not thought to much about it. Guess I don't complain enough!
              Yes mate all sorted now - except for that damn wine in the back end, apart from the clips I found the hoses only just reached with the suspension hanging, is this normal or could mine be a tad high on the front end?
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X