No announcement yet.

Help, 4WD NOT WORKING! ADVISE PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok will try an inch by inch examination, lots of trunking to remove, oh well. Any other ideas for me to check, if the pipes are fine? e.g i notice 2 wired plugs on the transfer box(at least thats my name for it) with driveshafts coming out, could they be the buggers?
    Thanks for all your help. Im used to 2 wd boring road cars you see.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

NOTE: Never use 4WD on a 2nd GEN SURF on TARMAC loose surfaces only as you WILL damage the Transfer case due to windup as there is no Centre DIFF on the front. Does 4wd work in L4
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

No doesnt work at all, and no lights on dash either. Havent used 4wd on any hards surfaces, cos its never worked yet. he he
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

if 4wd hasn't been used for a while then it may just be a bit sticky.Have you tried putting it into lo 4wd with the lever
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

On the silver tube that says 'EFI DIESEL' on it, has a small rubber vacuum pipe connected at both ends. the left hand side goes to a 'T' connector and then to the vacuum pump on the alternator. If this side is not connected 4WD won't engage.
            Here's a link to the A.D.D. system.....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm

Comment

Yes mate and nothing still, have also tried engaging and disengaging button repeatedly, whislt moving slowly forward.
              ta
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks for the link, and yes the pipe either end if the turbo intake (efi diesel) is connected left to T piece and other end aswell connected. Baffler eh?
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
                  Ok will try an inch by inch examination, lots of trunking to remove, oh well. Any other ideas for me to check, if the pipes are fine? e.g i notice 2 wired plugs on the transfer box(at least thats my name for it) with driveshafts coming out, could they be the buggers?
                  Thanks for all your help. Im used to 2 wd boring road cars you see.
                  have a check of the plugs on the trans box and see if they are all dirty and give them a clean up
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi yes tried that aswell. to no avail. In the attachment i read that the car has to be in park with the A/T P light on dash to engage, is this correct or should i be able to engage most of time?
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

could it be a case of checking that i have oil in the casing?
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Am also doing a top seal change on my pump cos of a veggie oil conversion ive done recently, the lardge and small o-rings in the lid are the ones im changing because of a bad leak
                        that developed, is this most likely the one or do others like distributor seal need done aswell?
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Have you checked the fuse for the 4wd?
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
                            Hi yes tried that aswell. to no avail. In the attachment i read that the car has to be in park with the A/T P light on dash to engage, is this correct or should i be able to engage most of time?
                            That information is incorrect. You can engage 4wd whilst moving, although the slower the better. The A/T P light comes on when you shift the transfer lever (the small gear stick) into neutral, and has no effect on engaging/disengaging 4wd.
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Where might the 4wd fuse be? sorry for bein a dumbass only havent seen a slot for that yet. English or Japanese.

Cheers guys
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I think its in the fuse box in the drivers footwell, or it might be in the engine bay, what the hell check them all.
                                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X